Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a 4 seat mid travel coil over VW power buggy for 18 years we made the switch to SXS. I told the wife we will need two as I only want two seaters and we need room for our daughter. After reviewing what was out there I realized the best bang for the buck was the wildcat. We almost bought the Yamaha YXZ but the deal fell through as the dealer thought the had two but only one was for sale. After searching I found a Bass pro that had two of the XTR’s . Again only one was available for sale at the time. I then found a 13 wildcat X locally for sale and bought it. We then picked up the 20 XTR 1000 on a Thursday and were out in the desert on Friday with both of them. Let me start by saying I was impressed with the X. My conclusion is these are very underrated machines as they don’t have turbos and the title don’t start with a P or a C . It works perfect for the type or riding we do in Ocotillo wells in California . Now on the XTR holy crap this thing is amazing. Every Time I drive the I can’t believe what a good job they did designing this car and at this price point. Now from what I see Unfortunately the powers behind it have derailed it’s potential to be the best desert car out there. I just got word that the 2nd XTR will be ready in 2 weeks . Thank you for the forum as I have read up on the quarks on both of these machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
Welcome briansvws, congrats. My first recommendation to you is harnesses for both cars. Harnesses will save your life one day. 2nd recommendation is buying some extra belts, and learn how to change them in your garage, so there won't be a problem in the field.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome briansvws, congrats. My first recommendation to you is harnesses for both cars. Harnesses will save your life one day. 2nd recommendation is buying some extra belts, and learn how to change them in your garage, so there won't be a problem in the field.
Thank you Hollywood,
I have seen your recommendation on the harness and have them just need to install. I have a spare belt for the X , still need one for the XX .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts