Wildcat Forum banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
We understand the n/a vs turbo talking points. Lol. You'll try anything to derail the topic of the XX.... where did the dominate suspension of the wildcat XX finish?? Not the rzr as they aren't what you are boasting to be so superior?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Since you are too lazy to look it up...
Only one Speedcat raced the SF 250...he DNF'd...as did all the others but 2 in the NA class.

UTVWC
3 in the dezert race (44 total entries 50% finish rate)
9th, 16th and 1 dnf

2 in the short course race
13th and dnf (45 entries 66% finish rate)

I do agree we should get back on topic...that the XTR or XX or whatever is the BEST stock NA class car you can buy for the $$$ right now.
I can attest to that...but don't listen to Mr "know it all" ...LOL...ask the experts.

Cheers

·
Registered
151 Posts
I do agree we should get back on topic...that the XTR or XX or whatever is the BEST stock NA class car you can buy for the $$$ right now.
I can attest to that...but don't listen to Mr "know it all" ...LOL...ask the experts.

Cheers
Like we have all agreed, great car yet to be proven. Still has alot of bugs to be worked out. Without the aftermarket it only make that worse. At 17,999 through bass pro it is definetly better value. But it is definetly having selling problems. To many confusing to the public changovers

·
Registered
885 Posts
Like we have all agreed, great car yet to be proven. Still has alot of bugs to be worked out. Without the aftermarket it only make that worse. At 17,999 through bass pro it is definetly better value. But it is definetly having selling problems. To many confusing to the public changovers

Mine has no bugs...
Most of the guys here will tell you the same thing.
Only complaint I have is it is louder than my old car. (X3's are very quiet going through the turbo) I had to buy intercoms for the wife and I.

Well and I had to modify my trailer so I could still fit my bike.

·
Registered
885 Posts
As for the race stuff- follow Novamans build for the "stock" class. Should be interesting to follow along.
If I was building a stock class racer- the XX would be my first choice...no doubt.
My brother wants to do it- I don't really want to- my tired old bones are pretty worn out for that stuff...and I still like chasing and pitting.

Come to a race and see what it is all about. Silver State 300 next up...

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
So your dune set up with just dirt tires. LOL!!
False. I less than appreciate the jab there but hey, its always ok if you put an "lol" after it right? Fair enough.

Setup changes on how many tools I take, type of fuel I run, tires of course yes, sway bar disconnected or connected, some shock changes, and probably some others I am forgetting off hand. But only a couple of those change the weight. I know you don't like to believe it, but I am more involved than you think and my car is a couple cage welds away from being a full on race car. But go ahead and belittle my build, that is fine with me, no skin off my teeth. Cheers to my dune season starting!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The xx is doing very well in the Lucas oil series. Jermey houl in his speedwerx car took third in the world championships at Crandon wi last year. There’s was I think 40 cars in that race and he was the only xx driver. He then went to the Lucas oil cup in the western series where he took first on sat and second on sun. Driver mistake on sun costed him the sweep. The first round of the Lucas oil western series a xx took third. He was one of two xx in the field. Lucas oil Midwest series will start in June. Be interesting to see how they do in both series this year only being the second year I existence. The xx is proving itself, just st a slower pace because of the lack of cars in a race. Hard to learn how to dial in a car when your the only one racing it. That will change through time. I know jermey turned a lot of head last year, expecialy when he was passing most of the field. Lol. there will be more xx racing in the Midwest series and will grow in the other. Hard to get teams to drop there already racecars and race something else.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Not sure yet. I hope RG does a shorter axle for his new dual plunge. The updated Textron axles/boots looks much better. I am probably going to buy 2 and use my old ones for spares. Everyone breaks axles and CV's at some point.
Bulloch managed to win a race with stockers...a 500 at that. And the no scrub rear setup kicks ass- hands down.
Don't forget to set up those 3 track bars on the X3 correct.
And better get out the laptop for all the limp modes...LOL

Axles will show up soon...I will stick with the stockers for now.
3300 miles no axle or cv failures, hell, I will race you in limp mode

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
False. I less than appreciate the jab there but hey, its always ok if you put an "lol" after it right? Fair enough.

Setup changes on how many tools I take, type of fuel I run, tires of course yes, sway bar disconnected or connected, some shock changes, and probably some others I am forgetting off hand. But only a couple of those change the weight. I know you don't like to believe it, but I am more involved than you think and my car is a couple cage welds away from being a full on race car. But go ahead and belittle my build, that is fine with me, no skin off my teeth. Cheers to my dune season starting!!!
I am not belittling you build. Where did that come from? Your reading a little too much into the comment. I don’t recall seeing a picture of your X3 with the dirt tires on it and what ever else you add to go to the desert or Moab.

I was just trying to point out that full desert race UTVs weigh more than 100lbs over you X3. Also that race conditions are different then what most of us experience. So it is plausible that running in 2wd in race conditions will result in harsher conditions for the rear axles and CVs. Thus axle and cv failures sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The xx is doing very well in the Lucas oil series. Jermey houl in his speedwerx car took third in the world championships at Crandon wi last year. There’s was I think 40 cars in that race and he was the only xx driver. He then went to the Lucas oil cup in the western series where he took first on sat and second on sun. Driver mistake on sun costed him the sweep. The first round of the Lucas oil western series a xx took third. He was one of two xx in the field. Lucas oil Midwest series will start in June. Be interesting to see how they do in both series this year only being the second year I existence. The xx is proving itself, just st a slower pace because of the lack of cars in a race. Hard to learn how to dial in a car when your the only one racing it. That will change through time. I know jermey turned a lot of head last year, expecialy when he was passing most of the field. Lol. there will be more xx racing in the Midwest series and will grow in the other. Hard to get teams to drop there already racecars and race something else.
Lucas oil is mostly Polaris and Yamaha in the non-turbo class. Brandon Arthur is racing a wildcat XX this season. I think he got 3rd at the opening round. He is a great driver and will likely be on the podium a lot this season.

Still waiting for a Wildcat XX to consistently finish desert races. RG and his speed cats have been plagued with problems. There is not reason the Wildcat XX is not up in the top 5 consistently in the non-turbo class.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Since you are too lazy to look it up...
Only one Speedcat raced the SF 250...he DNF'd...as did all the others but 2 in the NA class.

UTVWC
3 in the dezert race (44 total entries 50% finish rate)
9th, 16th and 1 dnf

2 in the short course race
13th and dnf (45 entries 66% finish rate)

Cheers
At the price point of the Tracker model it is certainly more enticing. Lots of good choices in the n/a segment.

The UTV classes have huge entry numbers in SCORE and BITD. Would of been nice if the SF250 and UTV Championships were not on the same weekend. I saw that the bigger teams had cars at both events.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Still waiting for a Wildcat XX to consistently finish desert races. RG and his speed cats have been plagued with problems. There is not reason the Wildcat XX is not up in the top 5 consistently in the non-turbo class.

Not enough experienced racers racing.
Kolton Husted might finish in the top 5 in points in BITD- my prediction. He will get a podium this year I think.

Seth Quintero is KILLING it right now in NA...picked up Red Bull and he even won the Turbo S giveaway at the UTVWC... #Diamonds

My buds team asked Can AM if they wanted to support an NA car this year...They declined...we would have run the 900 NA X3 if they obliged with some $$$.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Not enough experienced racers racing.
Kolton Husted might finish in the top 5 in points in BITD- my prediction. He will get a podium this year I think.

Seth Quintero is KILLING it right now in NA...picked up Red Bull and he even won the Turbo S giveaway at the UTVWC... #Diamonds

My buds team asked Can AM if they wanted to support an NA car this year...They declined...we would have run the 900 NA X3 if they obliged with some $$$.
Can Am has no real n/a sport model. They stopped making the n/a X3. The Maverick trail is as close as you get from Can Am.

I am surprised that Textron did not approach a seasoned team with a factory ride for a desert season. Robby Gordon will never win in his Speedcat. He drives it like his trophy truck and stuff breaks. Plus when you have Wayne Matlock in Baja to contend with you can just about forget your chances of victory. BITD and putting a team together for the Baja 500 and 1000 is were I would focus a desert effort.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts