Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my XX I put 50 miles on it today. it has a very loud rattle especially under deacceleration it sounds like it's coming from the clutch you can hear it on the intake at the top behind the driver going to the clutch. Anybody else having problems like this? also when you take off it seems like you get the RPM's up quite a bit before it moves forward and it's kind of jerky is that normal? Also one of my CV joints is leaking front driver side.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have only driven one in a test drive, but I do remember that the RPM came up fairly high compared to my X before it started moving. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine requires high revs at first take off after startup and is jerky until it picks up a little movement. Smooths out great after it gets moving. Didn't know if they were all this way or not. Sure a lot different than the smooth take off in a sxs with a wet clutch.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine requires high revs at first take off after startup and is jerky until it picks up a little movement. Smooths out great after it gets moving. Didn't know if they were all this way or not. Sure a lot different than the smooth take off in a sxs with a wet clutch.
Is yours making that rattle that sounds like it's coming the clutch and take behind driver's head?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine is 2. Mechanic says clutch. They’ve ordered another under warranty, but judging by how many I’ve read have this noise I’m not sure replacement gonna fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
ours is more jerky while in reverse...gonna see if it smooths out some during our hills trip...when mentioned to dealer he said it's time for a clutch kit...

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
30 Posts
ours is more jerky while in reverse...gonna see if it smooths out some during our hills trip...when mentioned to dealer he said it's time for a clutch kit...
Sometimes mine won't even move in reverse until I go forward for a short distance and when it does it is really jerky also. I only have about a 100 miles on mine and was also hoping for improvement but so far... no change.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's what I do upon receipt of a new machine and periodically thereafter depending on how abusive I am on the clutch.

Remove the belt. Wrap the primary sheaves with a towel. Take a lubricating spray and spray the primary contact/pivot points. Remove the towel. Same procedure for the secondary.

Take the belt inside to the laundry tub and using a brush and a mild Dawn soap solution - Scrub the belt and rinse and let hang outside to air dry.

When dry -- Take a veneer caliper and measure the width. Write down the width - The date and mileage for future reference as over time one can judge longevity and belt wear. Visually inspect the belt for any fraying/cracking and hourglass glazing.

Cleaning the primary -- Take a Scotchbrite pad and alcohol and scrub the sheaves. Take a clean paper towel with a small amount of alcohol on it and wipe down the sheaves. When done the sheaves will be a bright silver with minute scratches in it -- All traces of burn't belt rubber will be removed and all wear pattern's will be eliminated. I also very carefully lubricate the primary shaft bearing.

Re-install the belt paying close attention to rotation.

Following these steps greatly increases the life of not only the belt but the clutch components along with reducing clutch noise.

My story -- Good Luck .. ..

Note: Performing these steps on the clutches -- Wear rubber gloves as the black residue is extremely difficult to get off one's hands/fingers.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Rasty...does your Speedworx clutch kit do the herky jerky thing with a light throttle loading on trailor ?
No not jerky but I still have the rattle between 3900-4500 rpms.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got rid of about 75% of the 4000 rpm rattle. I had some foam tape strips and put them under the straps you guys were talking about. Then I saw how the bed sits on the frame in the same place where the metal strips are and there were small marks on the frame so I put the foam tape strips on those spots. It really helped to insulate the problem.

These foam tape strips were about 1/2 in wide and 1 1/2 inches long. My son got them for me from where he works. I don't have any pics.

I would think the foam tape strips that you put around your door for insulation in your home would also work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I finally got my XX I put 50 miles on it today. it has a very loud rattle especially under deacceleration it sounds like it's coming from the clutch you can hear it on the intake at the top behind the driver going to the clutch. Anybody else having problems like this? also when you take off it seems like you get the RPM's up quite a bit before it moves forward and it's kind of jerky is that normal? Also one of my CV joints is leaking front driver side.
Dealing with the same issues here. Passenger inner rear axle boot is toast. And I hear the same clutch noise on deceleration. Then again the X3 made the same noise. I think the location of the intake makes it more noticeable. Any word on new boots?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine has seemed to not be as noticeable as the miles creep up 110 now 7 hrs.
You're probably getting used to it. LOL I'm using earplugs now that helps but it still bothers me it sounds like crap like something's falling apart. well I plan on putting another hundred miles on the next couple of days I hope it does help getting more miles on it I guess I'll see thanks for your response.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Jerking in reverse at low throttle is normal. Deceleration will let the clutches release at some point and you will hear a clattering. Listen to some of the sled videos where they are boondocking and you will hear all of the sleds doing it. The Speedwerx kit did not remove the jerking. But it does really wake up the bottom to mid response.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I noticed when I decel at times it sounds like decompression almost like a raspy fast paced backfire. Seems normal on my car like if are driving down hill doing 30mph let off and coast it makes a raspy engine noise not sure if that's what your describing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts