Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mine has the real loud rattles on decel as well but I only have 6 miles on mine so far. Seems everyone has silenced their rattles by tightening all the heatsheld bolts and messing with the exhaust springs for the muffler. There's where I'd start. I'll be messing with mine when I get home in a couple week's.
Mine just went away after use.

·
Administrator
27,593 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Take it out and get it muddy. You will be having so much fun that you won't notice the noise till you get home but the mud will be muffing it so "It went away all by it self" LOL Really it is good to nut and bolt your rig anyway. I also added a bead of urethane to the bed supports and the leading edge of the belly pan where it meets the frame tube and cockpit tub. Duct tape the area below the steering wheel to kill the heat in the cabin and if you are feeling froggy insulate the radiator lines running inside the console. Oh and set the ride height even a 1/4" matters and you will notice it once you have experienced everything being spot on and then after the spring sag sets in.

Mine has the real loud rattles on decel as well but I only have 6 miles on mine so far. Seems everyone has silenced their rattles by tightening all the heatsheld bolts and messing with the exhaust springs for the muffler. There's where I'd start. I'll be messing with mine when I get home in a couple week's.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The ride height is part of the suspension settings. Look at the service manual it has the points to measure and the height suggested (14") You have to adjust the spring collars as the springs take a set (sag in). You will be surprised at the amount of difference that is felt by the driver and passenger from out of spec to in. The cross over collars are the ones inside the springs and are used to adjust the firmness of the ride after the first shock movement. softer ride raise the collars, gonna jump or blast the woops? then set the collars closest to the plastic separator between the springs. This is all personal preference and usage driven so no two buggies will want the same set up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well the trick on putting bailing wire around the exhaust Springs worked on stopping the rattle I heard between 4 and 5000 RPM. The machine is still very loud that's not the same thing as in exhaust note I wonder if putting louder exhaust on will drowned out the rest of that engine noise? I also have the SSV stock stereo with two speakers at your feet. It does sound very good but I think I need to put two more behind my head and then I can hear the noise. LOL. And by the way they did replace my axle with the blown CV boot under warranty. This picture I posted is someone else's picture I'm too lazy to walk out there and take a picture of mine but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone found out what is causing the loud buzzing/rattle? I have the same noise and tore all the heat shields off and tracked it down to the primary clutch, could it be the square washers on both sides of the clutch weights? Or is it the metal plate attached to the back side of the primary? It is driving me crazy! Machine is a 2019

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well I bought an aftermarket exhaust that took care of most of the noise rattle sounds much better now still extremely loud. LOL this is what I bought MBRP Powersports Sport Series exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Reviving an old thread with some new info: I'm also getting noise from the aluminum boot guard on the right side of the transaxle. My plan is to add a strip of relatively soft aluminum flat stock to dampen the vibration, or at least change the frequency.

On the clutch noise that goes away after awhile: I'm still in single digits on the odo, and the noise coming out of the clutch cooling ducts sounds like there is a handful of marbles inside the housing. {edit:} There is about 1/16" of free play when I rotate the primary clutch back and forth. I'm wondering if this is the source of the noise, and how it "wears in" and goes away. Is the clutch now mounted onto a splined shaft? Or is the play I'm feeling/seeing part of the output shaft drive?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It think it is just part of having the cvt. They all are pretty noisy. Definitely doesn't seem normal to someone who hasn't been around snowmobiles and such. The high rpm before engagement freaked my wife out but thats how the cvt works. Keeps the machine in the peak part of the power band as often as possible.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts