Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
from Northern Maine, bought a 2018 wildcat sport with under 400 miles 3 months ago. machine is nice factory roof is horrible, what was Artic cat thinking??? anyway wife loves the machine

·
Administrator
28,483 Posts
Welcome Garrett's. Congrats. I always recommend harnesses to all members. Harnesses will save your life one day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the factory aluminum roof, it does not even cover the entire roll cage, it has a cut out over the driver and passenger side. could have paid half the price for an after market one that covers much better.
Cabin masters should be called "CAMP MASTERS" as Mainers call there "CABINS" CAMPS..and I also have a camp on a lake in northen maine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome Garrett's. Congrats. I always recommend harnesses to all members. Harnesses will save your life one day.
Harness vs the seat belt that is standard equipment on machine? What’s the better place to purchase? Do I order one for each seat? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome!

Everything I know about Maine I learned from the Cabinmasters! :) I would love to visit there some day.

You don’t like the roof? Is this the aluminum one?
Welcome, I live in Central Maine. We have a short time frame for riding unless ya get yourself a set of tracks for the snow.

·
Registered
2017 Trail SE
13 Posts
Ya, ha, no one outside of Maine would know what the show was about if they called it Campmasters! It is good that they refer to them as camps in the content itself. Of course they only show the prettiest places, but if I we’re going to live anywhere on the east coast it would surely be Maine.

I actually like the aluminum roof. It is strong enough to mount lights, and is one if not the only one that doesn’t interfere with the AC flip-up windshield. They certainly are not cheap though.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Welcome, try to keep the shiny side up, and ask away. There is a ton of info on here about these machines.HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Tams Kitty

·
Administrator
28,483 Posts
Harness vs the seat belt that is standard equipment on machine? What’s the better place to purchase? Do I order one for each seat? Thanks
Harnesses are definitely better than the standard seat belt. Plenty of places to purchase. First, you need to figure out which belt / shoulder strap width you want. They make them in 2" or 3". Next decide on the closure system. The tried and true racing latch, the cam lock, and the automotive red button press type. I can't tell you what to get, but I always recommend the racing latch style. The cam lock and automotive style get dirty and muddy from trail conditions, and have been known to jam, either open or closed. You need to pour water on them to open them. Having a jammed harness closure isn't a good thing if there's an emergency (think fire).

Reactions: Tams Kitty

·
Registered
18 Posts
I value your input. Thanks

Reactions: Hollywood
1 - 12 of 12 Posts