Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 1000X and have a question. It has 32" Mongrel tires on it with stock drive train. This is my first SXS and I've done a lot of reading on Forums before I bought it. From what I've read, these over sized tires will be hard on the clutch and drive train. I will mostly be using it on country roads and a few trails. No really hard aggressive driving. I don't really want to replace the clutch and was wondering if I should go to smaller tires. These only have about 400 miles on the according to the previous owner, and I hate to spend the money on new ones, but I will if it will help avoid problems down the road. Just wanting opinions from more experienced owners Thanks in advance for any advice. There seems to be a lot of knowledge and experience in this group, and I look forward to being a part of the SXS community.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
re clutch the primary and secondary easy to do and cheaper then new tires. theres places out there that have kits set up already.. MLS, Speedwerx, etc.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 1000X and have a question. It has 32" Mongrel tires on it with stock drive train. This is my first SXS and I've done a lot of reading on Forums before I bought it. From what I've read, these over sized tires will be hard on the clutch and drive train. I will mostly be using it on country roads and a few trails. No really hard aggressive driving. I don't really want to replace the clutch and was wondering if I should go to smaller tires. These only have about 400 miles on the according to the previous owner, and I hate to spend the money on new ones, but I will if it will help avoid problems down the road. Just wanting opinions from more experienced owners Thanks in advance for any advice. There seems to be a lot of knowledge and experience in this group, and I look forward to being a part of the SXS community.
Congratulations on your new to you car, you are going to love it. I have a 2015X 4. I have 30" Mongrels and have since I owned it. It has 3200 miles and I have replaced the belt twice, once was my fault and the second time, the belt wore out. I never start in hi. I start in lo and shift to hi on the fli. It is not diffacult, come up to speed feather the throtle move it out of lo gear and into hi. It extends the belt life. Any questions PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts