Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2017 WildCat. It currently has on a warn vantage 3000. The winch is bad and in need of replacing. Im currently on a budget and want to replace it as cheap as possible. I was looking at harbor freight winches. There are 4 bolts that go thru the frame to the winch. So my question is are all winches lengths the same? Meaning if I purchase a new winch will it mount in the same 4 holes to where the warn went thru? I dont want to purchase a harbor freight one if its not gonna be a direct fit. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
What you're looking for is the bolt pattern. I believe most 3500# and less winches have the same bolt pattern, but there's probably exceptions to this. Find out what bolt pattern your current winch has and compare that with the new winch. I forget the common sizes.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
believe the standard narrow spool winch is 3 x 4 7/8" bolt pattern...i have a motoalliance 6000lb winch that fits the standard spool pattern...winches come in standard and wide spool units with different bolt patterns...what are your measurements?...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts