Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this because I was curios to see what STM had for the XX these days. For $147. Their description -
Convert your Team secondary into a torsional spring set-up. The idea of torsional springs is to offer quicker smoother back shift, cooler belt temps, faster acceleration, longer belt life, and stronger more constant up shift with tension adjustability for tuning.

Seems like a nice cheap must have for you XX owners out there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. But just came across it & sounds very interesting. I've always had issues with my CVT being very jumpy while feathering the throttle until the belt fully engages. Would this take care of that issue? Has anyone installed this? Would the full blown hypershift clutch kit from Speedwerx be the better option? I run 32" mud tires & obviously do a lot of mud riding. Looks like a quality product anyway!

CVT torsional conversion.jpg

·
Registered
593 Posts
No one else seems interested. I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig. Maybe I'll try the STM kit first since it's by far the cheaper option.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm curious also. Please let us know how well it works. I run 32's also but stick to rocks. If the benefits are truly stated it's a no brainier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here. But just came across it & sounds very interesting. I've always had issues with my CVT being very jumpy while feathering the throttle until the belt fully engages. Would this take care of that issue? Has anyone installed this? Would the full blown hypershift clutch kit from Speedwerx be the better option? I run 32" mud tires & obviously do a lot of mud riding. Looks like a quality product anyway!

View attachment 244655

·
Registered
593 Posts
I put the cheaper STM kit on. From what I can tell it didn't change much. It is a adjustable so maybe I just need to play with the tension on it. In a week we're doing a three day ride & that will tell a lot. Now that I'm on 35s, I'm guessing I'm gonna have to bite the bullet & get the Speedwerx Hypershift kit.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm sure that STM thing helps with racing or something but the thing everyone complains about is engagement. That thing is not going to do anything there. I just ordered a few different springs to try. So far I have tried the Speedwerx Blue primary spring and it is a lot better but still not as much as I want. I drove my buddys stock X3 the other day and the engagement was almost instant off idle. That's what I want

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's what I want. Instant, smooth engagement. Not the current slipping, chattering engagement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If anyone wants a set of Speedwerx hypershift weights I have a set I would sell with only a few miles on them. They have tip weight adjustability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts