Wildcat Forum banner

No Start and p0336

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dunecrusher 
#1 ·
So after I replaced the cracked stator cover I took a ride for the afternoon. The car was running great and I was all set to go to the big weekend in Glamis. When we got home I pulled the car out of the trailer and it wouldn't idle right and started to die unless I kept the throttle up. It also would spit out a p0336 error.

This is when I searched the web for any clues as to my problem all measurements of the CPS and stator came out good so I put some seafoam in the fuel tank and it seemed to start running normal again. I took it for a short spin through the wash and it was working very well until it died going about 40mph and would not start anymore after that.

It turns over normally and fires but dies right away even if I put my foot in it. If I crank it continuously it will fire and die and then p0336 code starts flashing.

I checked to make sure the CPS could be measured at the ECU and it was good. I also measured the stator at the rectifier and it was good.

One thing I am not sure of is that when measuring the rectifier I was around .5 on one side and .1 on the other side. I would think they would be the same. If anybody knows what the measurements for the rectifier that would help.

Also does the cat run if the stator is unplugged?

I am thinking electrical issue here but if anybody has any ideas I will try anything.

See less See more
#2 ·
Unplug the white connector behind the oil fill and clean it and pack it full of grease. That's the crank position sensor I think. Mine did that and a Can-am pulled me 20 miles home......

Then reset the ECU with the key method.

#5 ·
If your cps is screwed you don't have to replace the whole unit you can get one through Ricky stator and just replace it I had to do that think they are about $50 compared to $650 for whole assembly also can contact rmstator they could get the cps also but they are out of Quebec Canada so Ricky might be a better option for you

#7 ·
I wasn't able to do anything with it this weekend but did have a new CPS coming in. I will get back on it at the end of the week. I cleaned the connectors and that didn't help. One thing that seems odd is the measurements on the regulator/rectifier. One way the measurements across the diodes =.5 and the other way they are .1 and I thought that they would all be around .5

One thing that I think would help is if you unplug the stator will the motor run? If it does then the stator could not be the problem and maybe just the new CPS will fix it.

#8 ·
It should still run with stator unplugged but u can test the stator all three legs should be at about 14 volts I checked mine at rectifier plug but if there is a problem with stator Ull get a diff low voltage code

#9 ·
If its not firing and you constantly crank it then it finally does fire it will throw the code also... I had this problem when I fouled plugs and have it when I try starting mine in the winter and its cold blooded.

#11 ·
OK I replaced the CPS and it acts the same. I noticed that the rear cylinder was the only one firing. Looked into it deeper and I have spark, the injector is spitting fuel, and compression is 100 on the front cylinder.

I put in a different spark plug and swapped the coil packs just grabbing at straws.

Not sure were to go from here but I am thinking computer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.