Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Daniel, Hi to all you members an non members.
I got my Wildcat Saturday and I am amazed at how the thing goes where you want it to. My RZR S did too but I had to work at it when going fast. In the Wildcat I am much more relaxed and could run at speed all day. The longer wheel base along with the amazing suspension made this the right choice for me. I stopped at the dunes in Amargosa on Monday and took a couple of shots at the big (to me) dune in two wheel drive an came up short. I did make it in four wheel drive with 12 psi in all four factory tires. I am sure it would have been more difficult in the RZR S. The bottom line is pay attention to where you will be riding and make your purchase with that in mind. I like to ride everywhere including the dunes but being first to the top or even making it to the top of the big hill is not my only or for that matter my number one priority. The 900 XP is already proving to be a capable and powerful machine at the dunes. For big dunes there is no need to reinvent the wheel get the 900 XP. If you are interested in a smooth fast ride anywhere but up the face of a long and I stress long steep dune get the Wildcat. You will not be disappointed in the power and speed.
Sincerely,
Not Disappointed

·
Registered
945 Posts
Glad you are pleased with the WC...............and welcome to the mad house!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! If it wasn't for all the input from you guys I still wouldn't have my Wildcat. It was a member that mentioned that AZ West in Lake Havasu had Wildcats on hand. Great place to deal with by the way. My dealer here in Winnemucca NV is understandably upset with me for not waiting an estimated three more weeks for "maybe a green one". When I told him I already got it he really made me feel like a dick. I hope he is wrong? Today I'm installing my Ron Wood intake and exhausts and taking care of the door rubbing issue. I'm thinking an adhesive strip of some kind should do the trick. I also want to install a coaster for my heel to keep my foot steady at slow speeds.

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the new ride and thanks for the review. Did a few hundred miles in the Dez this past week and came away more impressed than ever with the big Cat. Thing chews up trail like nobody's business.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome, I love mine

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you! If it wasn't for all the input from you guys I still wouldn't have my Wildcat. It was a member that mentioned that AZ West in Lake Havasu had Wildcats on hand. Great place to deal with by the way. My dealer here in Winnemucca NV is understandably upset with me for not waiting an estimated three more weeks for "maybe a green one". When I told him I already got it he really made me feel like a dick. I hope he is wrong? Today I'm installing my Ron Wood intake and exhausts and taking care of the door rubbing issue. I'm thinking an adhesive strip of some kind should do the trick. I also want to install a coaster for my heel to keep my foot steady at slow speeds.

Please keep us posted on the gains after the ron wood set up

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, congrats on the new ride and thanks for the review. Did a few hundred miles in the Dez this past week and came away more impressed than ever with the big Cat. Thing chews up trail like nobody's business.
A few hundred miles of off roading and I bet you weren't even tired?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Redlionchief....."IF" you experience any issues with the WC, there is a thread on the site called "The Litter Box" ....please list any issues and what you did to fix said issue!! Thanks....please keep us posted about the mod's you are adding!!

Up date..........new thread ...." Issues and Resolutions Thread"

·
Vendor
508 Posts
A few hundred miles of off roading and I bet you weren't even tired?
Funny, my buddy was in his Commander and we were climbing up into a mountain ravine, after about 45 minutes of crawling he turned around because he was exhausted driving in the rocks. I laughed and told him I was cruising the whole time with one hand on the wheel and not even slightly fatigued :cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Redlionchief....."IF" you experience any issues with the WC, there is a thread on the site called "The Litter Box" ....please list any issues and what you did to fix said issue!! Thanks....please keep us posted about the mod's you are adding!!

I will make sure my shit lands in The Litter Box ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny, my buddy was in his Commander and we were climbing up into a mountain ravine, after about 45 minutes of crawling he turned around because he was exhausted driving in the rocks. I laughed and told him I was cruising the whole time with one hand on the wheel and not even slightly fatigued :cool:

I hope everyone that's on the fence about the Wildcat understands how smooth and fast this thing is. The drag racing and dune climbing will get sorted out in time and the mods or set ups can be implemented wisely at that time. Meanwhile they are missing out on an amazing ride.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts