Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, I bought a Wildcat to race at Indy and the darn thing isn’t competitive. Oh where did I go wrong? What’s that you say? It was advertised as a Baja inspired machine! I forgot, I don’t read to well.

It isn’t good for drag racing, not the best for dune busting, couldn’t qualify at the 24 Hours at Daytona, guess I will have to use it for what it was designed for. That’s good old-fashioned fun. The platform will make a great race machine if I want that, as proven at the King of Hammers.

Guess I’ll have to stop whining about the lack of power and convert it to what I really wanted in the first place. Hmm! Wonder where I can get a front wing, it will need more down force.

On second thought, it has plenty of power to get me trouble in a heartbeat. Guess I’ll have to learn how to drive it to it’s potential. When I learn how to do that, I’ll supercharge it, change the wheelbase and ad JATO. That should do it.

Guess I'll shut up. No sense giving the machine a bad rap because I can't read.

Gumball

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Yeah I was upset that it won't beat my ZX10R Ninja. It won't even out corner it :mad:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Wait a second here, are you trying to tell me my dreams of a top fuel championship in a stock Wildcat are not going to pan out?????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not with the stock tires.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got the reciever hitch with mine and it won't even pull my 24 foot race trailer. Arctic cat just really missed the mark.:D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am super happy that the wildcat is exactly what you need and wanted. You are gonna be right there with 80% of the people who buy one. Unfortunately some of us dune 80% of the time, or ride in the mud most of the time. Things that the AC clutching doesn't excel at. But hey, maybe I can just quit going to the dunes with all my friends and use it to goto the mailbox or do donuts in the field by the house........

·
Registered
90 Posts
you sarcasm is awesome dentless! just whitty as hell:p

Reactions: Dentless

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dent Im just busting balls. I dont even have one yet. Im not so sure it will climb the hills I want to climb in high gear.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
you sarcasm is awesome dentless! just whitty as hell:p
Thanks H2s. I try to inform and entertain. But since I don't really know shit about anything, I mostly have to stick with the entertainment portion..............

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dent Im just busting balls. I dont even have one yet. Im not so sure it will climb the hills I want to climb in high gear.
I wasn't aiming anything at you steve. Just answering a sarcastic post with a sarcastic response. I don't have one yet either. I am trying to make the right decision. I plan on keeping whatever I buy for awhile and want it to work for my kind of use. And I'm not trying to be rude when I say that I could care less if it works well for anything other than what I am trying to do with it..................

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The cheerleading is getting a little out of hand. To deny there is a lack of power and/or proper power delivery is to be ignorant. No one said it needs to win the Baja 1000, but it should be able to keep up with, even beat the very competition it set out to, in every aspect it blatantly claimed to in the promotional video Arctic cat put out.They missed their mark, clearly, in the power department. Period. And let's not even talk about all the Belts that are blowing as a result of a its inability to backshift properly.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Well thats crappy. Probably can't even beat it through mud either.
That reminds me of a video of a guy on a crotch rocket in a field jumping a bump and ate it hard lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts