Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Artic Cat or my dealer is going to have to replace this for me, or never hear the end of it phpGLeAxBAM.jpg there is also a crack forming on the other side around the bolt that hold that piece there. I babied it so much breaking it in, this is just making me regret my purchase. 500 km on it (425 of it on roads) and parts are breaking? Not acceptable in my books!! Anyone else have this happen?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Stuff happens, it's an off road vehicle. If you ride in the woods, you are going to hit rocks, stumps, limbs. How did it happen?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
We have beat on ours hard and not broke anything yet. Looks like the skid plate?? If so I would call that a consumable item.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's actually the wheel well, right where it meets the skidplate.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
It's actually the wheel well, right where it meets the skidplate.
Tough to tell from the pic, and I don't have a Trail, is that a plastic or metal part?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks like skid plate/wheel well on the front of the unit. It looks like something impacted it in the picture. AJ's makes a metal liner for this area if you wanted to ad a liner. I am cosidering it just due to the fact I ride my unit hard and constantly have rocks being thrown into this area.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knocked it on something, but not that hard. I turned around when I saw rough spots, I really took it easy. Since the other side as a small crack forming also, I'll bet that something was wrong to begin with. Maybe the bolt were installed to tight, I don't know. All I know is that this piece should be replaced free of charge.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If possible can you find and post the link? I'm sure it would be useful for others as well. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
you already posted that you damaged it rock crawling and that your looking for bigger tires. so how is it a problem with the trail. when you did the damage yourself on a rock.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THEY responsible for delivering a QUALITY product no? Like I said, I took it easy with it, a part in a spot like that should NOT, be so damn sensitive. I'll spaz out if nothing is done about it

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure exactly when it happened, it was my assumption

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I'm not sure exactly when it happened, it was my assumption
Pretty blatant liar you are . . . .. you said in public that you "Did a bit of damage to it crawling over a rock" and you posted the exact same picture as above showing what YOU did to it going over said rock. Now you claim you aren't exactly sure when it happened.

-->
http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/9124-need-bigger-rims-tires-any-suggestions-not-too-pricey-though.html

They did deliver a quality product, you bashed it against a big rock and damaged it. It isn't a tank. Try bashing your Ford or Chevy or whatever you own into something and crumpling it in and then try taking it to the dealer and telling them they should replace whatever you crushed in free and see what they say. It's the same thing.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Just my opinion, but you probably shouldn't have an off road vehicle. AC isn't responsible for any off road mishap. Like I said before, stuff happens. I can guarantee that AC or the dealer won't cover driver error. The more you drive off road, the more stuff you break. Fact of life. You either deal with it, or move on. "You want to play, you got to pay" old off road / dune saying.

Reactions: pltsammich

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well nice job making me feel like a dick though!! F U for calling me a liar, obviously something happened, I did assume it was a rock, I heard a couple knocks but I'm not 100% sure exactly when, what happened. I'll deal with it, thought I could vent here but obviously you guys are dick riders.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
well nice job making me feel like a dick though!! F U for calling me a liar, obviously something happened, I did assume it was a rock, I heard a couple knocks but I'm not 100% sure exactly when, what happened. I'll deal with it, thought I could vent here but obviously you guys are dick riders.
You can vent here, everybody does. However, you have to understand where the blame lies. AC has stood up for oil leaks, spring rubs, clamps, oil lines blowing off, bad motors, and other stuff. Driver error (hitting something) won't be covered. Simple as that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Somebody is way to sensitive, this ain't high school put your big girl panties on and accept the fact that stuff happens..my trail almost caught on fire and melted a hole in the plastic behind the passengers seat...i took it to the dealer they replaced the plastic under warranty and i bought some more heat shield out of my own pocket to cover more of the plastic on the back..stuff happens lifes tough it's tougher if your stupid.

Oh and hey guys my first post but had a trail since mid April!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts