Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I was so stoked thinking about getting one of these things. I drove all the way to Oregon to check them out and don't regret that one bit. I will still pop in now and then but I am not going to be able to get one of the first run rigs,
My wife came home from work today and was told she had 1 week left at work. So our income is fixin to take a major hit. So toys are out of the questions right now. I am a disabled veteran and on a fixed income plus our great government hasn't giving me a cost of living allowance increase now for 2 years and they say we won't get one this next year. So it isn't like I can work a bunch of overtime to pay for my habit.

She is in school right now and will graduate next Dec. When she does hopefully she will be making more money then and I can get a Wildcat then. So I will just have to put my jones'in on hold for 1-1 1/2 years and then I can get one. I hope everyone enjoystheir ride when they get them and I will want to hear all about how awesome they really are.

Later Rick

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rick, you will be back in the saddle soon enough. It may be a blessing anyway, you might end up being glad you didnt get a first run.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Hey Rick, sorry to hear about the news. That is a sad sign of the times. Hey, just curious but I see that you have a lot of toys that require some physical manipulation. I totally respect your situation and appreciate your service. Is there something you can do for work or are you disabled to the point that you cannot hold a job? I only ask because my employer makes a point of offering positions to veterans with disabilities. Most of our guys collect a stipend from uncle sam and make a nice living with their current job as well. Just an observation. Mayne there's an alternative to giving up the toys?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Sorry To Read The News
Best Of Luck Rick

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RPMaddict,
I am 100% disabled. I am one of the lucky/unlucky ones? Looking at me you would never know what is going on but I have days where I can't hardly get out of bed. I was shot in the right leg and have paralysis in my lower leg. I can drive a car but have to careful because I can't feel with my foot anymore. I just don't use the rear brake as much on the bikes and quads. And part of it is I pay for my days playing by being in pain afterwards for a few days. This was one of the big reasons I was gettng a SXS and selling my quad. It is easier on my body to sit and drive a SXS than to try and ride the footpegs of a quad. So to answer your question no me going back to work isn't an option. And being retired before your ready or had planned it isn't all it is cracked up to be.

As blownhotrodder said this just delays me getting one. I will have a Wildcat it just won't be a first year one. I couldn't careless aabout it being the first year I was ready to buy one. Have to call the dealership tomorrow about getting my deposit back too. It sucks but it is what it is and we will make it thru this and I'll get my toy when it is time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So Sorry to hear about your wife losing her job. We thank you for your service and sorry for your pain.Hang in there I see a WildCat in your future and I know you will enjoy it then.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Freakin bummer, Rick.....hope all goes well with the better half's completion of her schooling....no need do be a stranger on the site, just think of all of the knowledge you will acquire while waiting for that "Better Day"....hang in there my friend!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Serious bummer. Well, I always say that the best part is the aniticipation. Just like the Christmas morning blues after opening your last present, we will probably lose a little excitement once we take delivery. Maybe that means you make out better than the rest of us!

If things ever get more managable from a orthopedic standpoint, look me up. I'm not kidding that our company goes out of the way to accomodate service related disabilities. We have a presence in your area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your presence on this forum has been a pleasure and I do hope you find time to post and offer more of your insight. Your situation stinks to be sure but you sure seem to have a positive outlook as well as having your priorities in order...I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better...don't be a stranger my friend...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Your presence on this forum has been a pleasure and I do hope you find time to post and offer more of your insight. Your situation stinks to be sure but you sure seem to have a positive outlook as well as having your priorities in order...I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better...don't be a stranger my friend...
x 2,000,000

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan on sticking around because I want to hear from all of you just what I am missing. I won't be able to offer first hand experiance when the time comes but I will still be reading and watching everything I can about the Wildcat. And believe me you I will have one as soon as my finaces allow it. Family first and bills have to be paid. Hopefully when I can finally get one I will also have moved too. We are talking about moving to AZ because of my leg. The cold and damp weather up here is really getting to me. So a warmer, dryer climate might be a good thing. The wife has found a job opening down at Lake Havasu and is just waiting from a reply.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.

Reactions: wvabeer

·
Registered
189 Posts
Please let us know what your dealer says about a refund. There may be something we can do to help get your deposit back. It will be interesting to see how AC handles this problem.

Gumball

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gumball,
My dealer didn't give me any grief about the deposit. Matter of fact he was very understanding about the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
We'll shit Rick!!! What's the saying "Life is what happens when your making other plans".. Maybe the upside to having to wait is that while the rest of us are making the mistakes you'll be sorting it all out for us. Stay tuned!!!:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rick,
I have to tell you that sometimes losing the limb vs the lifetime of pain is something to consider. You have to remember that when they tried to save the limb they had no idea what the out come would be. Not an easy decision to make but one the VA can help you thru. I am retired and volunteer at our rehab center on occasion, it's a tough one somedays. I cannot say that I have been down the road of amputation but a couple of surgeries have me still keeping up with my teenager on my good days. If Alaska wasn't so dang beautiful and such a great place to raise kids, I would move south where I might feel better. Keep your head up and remember only you can make good things happen for you.

Thanks for your service and I hope a resolution to your medical issues can be found.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hopefully when I can finally get one I will also have moved too. We are talking about moving to AZ because of my leg. The cold and damp weather up here is really getting to me. So a warmer, dryer climate might be a good thing. The wife has found a job opening down at Lake Havasu and is just waiting from a reply.
Well make sure you let us know if you move to AZ...that's pretty damn close to Glamis and I pert near live there in the winter...like to catch some dunes with ya...

·
Banned
441 Posts
Havasu and surrounding areas have alot of great winter riding,the PLUS is the boating in the summer.Good luck and remember,good things come to good people.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts