Wildcat Forum banner

number70 has arrived

7K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Full Of Mud 
#1 ·
Unloaded mean green about an hour ago.The truck driver unloaded three green and three black today in Ohio and Pa. He had two left on the truck both black. I am in central pa.In the dirt tomorrow.

#8 ·
I think it was number 74 that I sat in and drove tonight in Mount Morris, PA. It was Black.Don't quote me on the production number... I am thinking thats what it was but not 100% sure.
You sat and drove but didn't get pics vids or any review of final clutch, acceleration, nothing? Not like it matters, I'm out of town for 2 days then 1 day at my 2nd job, then it's off to Muskogee to test drive the hell out of one at rt&t

#7 ·
so many rumors, only 1 per dealer and only if he ordered 10? lmao, so much confusion. maybe someone smarter than me can explain arctic cat and there way of doing things. who really knows??? i dont think anyone does.

#9 ·
Just looked on the map and the ones that were delivered in pa were over 100 miles farther away from the factory than my dealer still hasnt heard nothing and he is one of the dealers that ordered 10 then all the parts and acc. that cat wanted him to. makes no sense..... they must only have like two trucks delivering these things.they must almost be done delivering east because i know more dealers in the midwest and west ordered the ten that was needed to get the early machine.

#13 ·
if theres enough hp, you wont need to worry about turning radius, just floor it!:cool:

#14 ·
I just got back from my dealer. His staff is off today so I could not bring it home. You have to enter three pin number to set the computer. You can bypass it for up to five hours by pressing the b button soon as you start it or it will limit the rpm. I did get a pretty good test ride in an old coal stripping cut behind his shop. Power is very good,I have a commander x with an airdam clutch and k&t performance box and I would say it would be very close in power. Without a doubt the wild cat will by far out perform it. You can drive it so much harder with much more confidence. The turning radius is substantially more.I had a rzr4 and the turning radius is simular. When you first start it up it smells like cam 2 fuel burning. When I talked to the truck driver last night he said he was from Washington state so he will be heading west with another load.I would PST some pictures but I am not sure how to.I am not much of a computer guy. This is actually the most I have ever been on a computer not bad for an old guy.

#20 ·
i talked to arctic cat earlier last week, they did tell me that these production models did not get the dry clutch we were working on. they simply said "we never have problems with our wet clutch setup, never had a belt problem, we are working to finalize the wet clutch delete system, and will be implicating changes later on, just not right now"

i slumped in my chair, knowing cat has dropped the ball and put the wet clutch system in the wildcat rather than getting the full wet clutch delete system in them on time. looks like i need to start machining some shafts for my wet clutch delete systems, it appears that they are gonna be a big hit. the closest dealer that is getting a production model to me is nearly 2.5 hours away. whenever someone near me gets a production machine and gets it to me, i can dial in a wet clutch delete system on a wildcat and make them a complete animal.

#22 ·
Just remember Adam....."It's hard to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys".
Hopefully you have yourself covered so that they can't steal your design from you. Just how much info did you give them? I know that when I spoke with an engineer @ AC about filtering the CVT it fell on deaf ears and the excuse was all about warranty. Seems like if we try to help improve the product and are not on the payroll ya hit the end of the tracks....like with something as simple as a passenger grab handle.

#29 ·
I have family I need to visit in Southern Alabama, and I travel right through northern Miss, so it wouldn't be a stretch to stop by there, work out a good price, and i might loan mine out for a few days +. That is after I actually get it, and get my first ride out of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.