Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i finally drilled my CAT in my OEM muffler. I also cut the tip top a 45 °. As it was out i decided to paint it and i found this product to paint it at my local Canadian Tire : VHT Flameproofâ„¢ Coating -- High Heat Coating
HighHeat_FlameProofCoating_220x580.png
Product was 17$ CAN

I have use the black One, i sanded the exhaust, dryed it with alcohol , then applied 3 coats of that stuff, waited an hour, put it back on and let it bake riding the bike doing some little heat cycles. The finish is same color as OEM and it feels like ceramic Coating.
Ill let you know how it holds up.

its supposed to hold a 1000 °C or 2000°F.

Exhaust looks as NEW!!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I had the muffler on my turbo powder coated and it would not stay...after 3 different attempts this is the only thing that has worked. Good stuff!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I had the muffler on my turbo powder coated and it would not stay...after 3 different attempts this is the only thing that has worked. Good stuff!

Yes it very good stuff,It made me about half sick,really strong...lol thats why I know its good....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used an old 1" spade bit and an extension, worked great and might have taken 20 minutes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you get it painted and is it holding up? I've never had any luck with those paints but am curious to see your results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get it painted and is it holding up? I've never had any luck with those paints but am curious to see your results.
yes i painted it! right now it holds up pretty well but i have only ride my sport for 75 miles since I have done it

this weekend ill put some miles on my sport and I might take a picture of how it holds up afterwards

·
Registered
382 Posts
I used the same stuff on my exhaust and has held up great for almost 2 yrs now, whatever Arctic Cat used rusted after the first winter, I swear it was water paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts