Wildcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
You mean theres is a tool out there better than the vice grips I been using all these years…? Say it isn't so……lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
will you have to program the ecu if you cut out the cat?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the info this is frist after the warranty is up.:D

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
My dealer said he won't ask if I don't tell. It gets rid of some of the heat and he is all about that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
good enough for me out it comes, never been chicken lol:rock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
just removed the cat. seems to be running cooler and a little more power.;)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Drill and beat it out. I did the cut and weld cause i figured id be all day going the other route and just end up with a bunch of metal in the muffler to annoy me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Drill and beat it out. I did the cut and weld cause i figured id be all day going the other route and just end up with a bunch of metal in the muffler to annoy me.
Yea when I drilled mine I didn't have a big enough drill at home and instead of waiting till the next day and getting one at work I used what I had and got a piece of the cat stuck inside rattling around, took me 45 min to get it out, hehe

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah I have a couple of long bits at the house so I should be good with that and I thinkg I'm going to hook the shop vac to one end when I'm done and shack the muffler and see if I can get all the shaving out so no rattling

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
hook shop vac to tail pipe end and use it to blow through so as you drill the shavings dont want to fall in. Tip muffler so you are drilling up, both should help with staying rattle free. From the muffler anyway, rest of the machine not so much.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, the only thing that rattles on mine are the front and rear sway bars, my brother works at a rock quary and he gets "spray grease" (actually says that on the can) so I greased the piss out of the bushings and not a peep come out of them

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I get rattles and strange vibrations from body plastics, each one has their own specific rpm. Havent heard my sway bars clank in a while. Not sure if it was the heavy graphite grease i used or i just got use to it and tune it out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lol I had the doors rattling at idle but a little electrical tape around the latching bar helped that lol, but I tried greasing the sway but but they just clunk, I have to try and find the bigger bracket and gaskets. I've seen them on a few rigs on the forum just don't know where to find them

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I shimmed under the sway bar brackets with cork gasket and that helped alot. I cut the fins off my door so its slightly more flexible so that combined with my stiff poly motor mounts makes for good vibrations. Sometimes you can watch it vibrate so much that you cant even see it, its just a blur of movement. Fender flares vibrated against my rear bumper but that got fixed with strategically placed foam tape. You can adjust the rubber bumper on the doors too, it actually screws out to tighten it up.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts