Wildcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Didn't know that about the doors will have to check it out, and you just need a loud radio to drown out the rest lol

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
just twist the rubber bumper, it is threaded if you can call it that. More like a rubber spiral.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hammer drill worked great but the bolt for the spark/pipe turn down striped had to drill and tap it out, some long needle nose piers worked to pull out the big parts. took 30 minutes in all.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice, I wanted to get to it last night but ran out of time between hooking up some lights and building my roof, and didn't even got to finish that because it was so damp from the rain the paint would not dry

·
Registered
239 Posts
Drilled out the cat over the weekend, only took twenty min with a hammer drill and 12" bit. Had the shop vac hooked up to blow out and small pieces so they would not rattle, and man what a difference that made. Night and day with the heat build up and could def notice a better throttle response, next it the speedwerx spring that just came on sat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does The OEM tmuffler have a certain Kind of lambda sonde in order to control The catalyzation process? Replacing The OEM muffler does it require any other change to avoid catalyzation process start?

·
Registered
250 Posts
So I did the full cut and remove mod today and love it. Went for a good ride today and the idle sounded deeper but the rest sounded like it was not as tinny. Great Mod! Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Should I wait til I'm out of warranty to do this? The cat is down stream of the O2 sensor so I don't see how it could effect fuel air ratio, I did the bushing mod, if pulling each and every a-arm off doesn't void warranty who's gonna care about a missing catalyst? Right?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
exhaust mods up or down stream can affect AFR. If I was you, I would buy an aftermarket and keep stock for quiet rides. Ill sell you one :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I cut mine apart today and removed the cat. While I was welding, I rotated the turndown slightly so it wasn't blowing on my shock reservoir. 20151014_173015.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
this is my next mod.....details please!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
A masonry bit of any size 10" or longer. Drill a bunch of hole tip up and shake it out repeat until there is nothing left.

·
Registered
340 Posts
First ride with my cat cut out. Picked up 600 RPM on top end. Bounces off the Rev limiter now. Sounds like crap in my opinion, but runs better.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
2016 says 5% increase in horsepower from better exhaust. I wonder if the cat is still in it?

I might be wrong but I would say it does,even my 2014 king Quad has a cat in it......

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
For the door rattle..Pick up some 1" Felt Pads.. the round type that goes on the bottom of your chair to keep from scratching hardwood floors. stick one on the rubber pad on the door. NO MORE RATTLE

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks dragongunner and DRock, drilled it out using an old 5/8 spade bit and extension, worked like a charm! I love this forum!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts