Wildcat Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2736 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ron380
Does it look something like this one? Most of the ones I've seen have this type of tongue on them and can easy be attached to a hitch that inserts into the receiver. Most stores that carry UTV/ATV accessories and even Harbor Freight have different types of hitches that can accommodate most trailer tongue types.
View attachment 232586

·
Registered
558 Posts
Similar, but a smaller trailer and just the main bar with the hole in the end. It doesn't have the upper part.
I was wondering, if I take the receiver with the clevis in it, remove said clevis and turn it 90 degrees, if I can just stick a pin through the holes and pull the trailer that way? Level ground, 1-acre property, lots of fallen branches and stuff that needs collected and disposed of.
I could probably make-do with a piece of rope or maybe even a caribiner through the clevis, but would like it to be more secure if I can. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could you use a large bolt, two large washers and a self locking nut? Tighten it just enough so it can not move up and down but still rotate.

·
Registered
558 Posts
That's a thought.

And now back to our regularly scheduled picture thread, already in-progress... ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Finally got out for first ride this spring (not by choice, high work interference!). Good first scoot, 26C and awesome evening ride. Found some pretty good holes later that spring hasn't dried out. Actually surprised us again how good these tires chew in 2WD. Powder coated muffler for experiment-15 mins and baked it right off. On to the high temp proper stuff!. My kid got me some amazon led's for xmas to replace oem headlights, work well, impressed for $50 set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TrailCat hauling Raptor

This was last summer at some point. Decided to take off from camp for a "short" ride which quickly turned into a couple hour ride from camp. My wife and I were in the Trail and my buddy was on his Raptor. Couple hours out his balljoint completely let go. After looking at it for a long time scratching our heads since we had limited resources and were way out in the woods we went this route. Actually worked better than I thought it was going to. Deantek, I see you're in Colorado. Were doing a couple weeks camping and riding out that way. Week outside of Silverton and a week outside of Divide. Does that sound like a good plan or should we be thinking elsewhere? View attachment 232978

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
talk about a monkey humping a football...good bit of great riding in the greater silverton area...you can ride from silverton and ride the trails in/around the alpine loop (google it)...black cat might have some suggestions as well as we usually ride in groups that we don't lead...haven't ridden in the divide area so maybe some other colorado guys can chime in...we do most our riding a little west of divide in chaffee/lake/park counties...also referred to the collegiate peaks area/arkansas valley from leadville south to poncho pass...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats what I hear about Silverton, I've researched the area quite a bit and it will be more like a week and a half in that area to start with. Talked to a ranger out there a couple weeks ago and it sounds like we got lucky this year. Typically the trails open around June 15th but I guess you guys didn't get a whole lot of snow this year. Unfortunately the trade off is there are fire restrictions in place but we take things as they come as you can see in my pic above. The ranger, Andy, also sent me a good bit of information, brochures, and a good full size map of the area. The wife and I like to take a couple good trips during the summer to camp and ride. Usually we go West (Oregon, Montana, Idaho) but we have a wedding to go to in Colorado Springs this year so might as well make a 2 and a half week trip out of it. I always like to get an idea of what we need for permits and what not before were out there. Maybe its better to claim ignorance and beg for forgiveness, but that never works out for me.

·
Administrator
27,475 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
@dbogart12 Very nice, and Welcome to the Forvm!
What wheels and tires are you using?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I dont have a trail or sport but igot on here looking at them and have to give it up for yall they are dam nice, keep up they great work guys.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My brother and I finally got around to visiting our hunting area to survey the destruction caused by one of last years many wild fires here in Montana that burned over a 1.25 million acres of land. One of our hunting camps was totally destroyed yet 5.5 miles away another was unchanged and our main camp between those two was partially burned. Outhouse still standing but the corrals my dad and mom built over 40 years ago gone. So SAD to see so much destruction even if is natures way. Dad passed away last month so we took the day to spend in the place we spent so much time with him. My brother and I had a great day riding, fishing and picking mushrooms in the burn areas.
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG

·
Registered
670 Posts
GFT80 looks real good! You may be needing to add some flare material now. When I went to 28x10's it was a mess. With extended length and width plastic, cab is clean and dry unless you hit a hole at speed. It's nice to have alot of mud on machine, but be able to hop right into your pickup!

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMG_0505.jpg Just picked this up for the wife and i to put around the back roads of n-w- Wisconsin. Gotta find some different tires though, as we do a lot of road running and the soft factory tires are getting eaten up quick. Really like the machine and this site..........Ray

·
Registered
558 Posts
Welcome aboard Ramos! :cool:

2681 - 2700 of 2736 Posts