Wildcat Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 2782 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This looks sweet. Take a look at bandit spring kit for the wildcat. I got so much lift out of it and they smooth out the ride. I think they cost $460ish to Ontario 🇨🇦
I keep hearing about the bandit springs. The lift says it will here Tuesday so I think I will just do that to start and if I don’t like the way it rides or sits I’ll consider the springs. I’ve been spending way to much money already this spring🤦‍♂️. Online shopping while stuck in lockdown hasn’t been good for my bank account.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep hearing about the bandit springs. The lift says it will here Tuesday so I think I will just do that to start and if I don’t like the way it rides or sits I’ll consider the springs. I’ve been spending way to much money already this spring🤦‍♂️. Online shopping while stuck in lockdown hasn’t been good for my bank account.
That’s a true story! Same here! Looking forward to seeing the lift kit installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi folks
Still new to the AC trail but it's a whole lot of fun. Have had it a couple weeks now and been out for a couple trips with 135 miles on it. Put a few accessories on it last week. 4500lb winch, full enclosure but opted to leave the doors off for now, fender flares (what a difference in the mud), trunk box and storage box under hood. We like it the more we ride it. Lots of bikes on the trails today!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
lookin good carbon700xt...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Here's our machines out camping for the weekend.

20200524_173804.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
hey wired...did you brake hard and have the single track run up your rear end?...you must be a youngin' to lift that bike up and over your head...glad you have the bandit springs on your rig...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
That's a back up BOV (Bug Out Vehicle) in case BOV #1 and #2 take a dive. LOL.

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Registered
700 Posts
Lol. That's my oldest son's 50cc bike. It was a pretty tough trail that day (for him) and he got tired and couldn't make the loop. We just toss it on top and let him ride with me/ sleep the rest of the way. Definitely takes 2 people to get it up there though.

Reactions: izom and DeanTeck

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s a true story! Same here! Looking forward to seeing the lift kit installed.
Here’s a couple pictures with the lift installed. Stupid me didn’t take a before picture though. I’ve put over 300 kms on it (140 today) and have only bottomed out once. That was today going through a real nasty little stretch of rock. Super happy with how it works now and it actually even rides a little better than before. It’s not tippy at all but I did notice I don’t get quite the same speed out of it before it hits the governor now. Maybe that’s due to the slightly larger tires I’m not sure though. May look at a clutch kit for it next

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks great - well done !
Where did you buy the lift and what brand ? Dealer ? Were you still able to use the under hood storage ?
Lift kit is next for me as I hit several rocks last trip out- ouch.. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks great - well done !
Where did you buy the lift and what brand ? Dealer ? Were you still able to use the under hood storage ?
Lift kit is next for me as I hit several rocks last trip out- ouch.. lol
It’s a Perfex brand kit. I bought it direct from the company here in Canada off their website. Shipping was super fast and the product seems very well made. Took me about an hour and a half to install doing it with very basic tools and inside the trailer. It still allows use of the underhood box and I didn’t even need to remove it for the install. On thing I did on the rear which seemed to make it easier to remove the springs was I loosened the lock nut on the shock adjustment before I took the shock off. Just seemed easier than trying to get it set right in the vice to do it. Like I said I am very impressed with how the kit has worked. I was steady bottoming out with this machine before but with the kit and the slightly larger tires I have only hit once and I have taken it into areas I knew were really rough on purpose just to see. I didn’t install wheel spacers either and it does not seem to be tippy or hard to handle whatsoever. I think you will be very happy if you choose this kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s a Perfex brand kit. I bought it direct from the company here in Canada off their website. Shipping was super fast and the product seems very well made. Took me about an hour and a half to install doing it with very basic tools and inside the trailer. It still allows use of the underhood box and I didn’t even need to remove it for the install. On thing I did on the rear which seemed to make it easier to remove the springs was I loosened the lock nut on the shock adjustment before I took the shock off. Just seemed easier than trying to get it set right in the vice to do it. Like I said I am very impressed with how the kit has worked. I was steady bottoming out with this machine before but with the kit and the slightly larger tires I have only hit once and I have taken it into areas I knew were really rough on purpose just to see. I didn’t install wheel spacers either and it does not seem to be tippy or hard to handle whatsoever. I think you will be very happy if you choose this kit.
I also have the Perfex kit in my 15 trail and I was very happy but I was still bottoming out occasionally with the stock tires. I just put 28x10x14 maxxis carnivores on fuel wheels and it’s a night and day difference, can’t wait to run them through there paces

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I called Perfex and they are out of stock for a couple weeks as they are now powder coating the new units. I'll hang tight til then and stay off the rough stuff lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I called Perfex and they are out of stock for a couple weeks as they are now powder coating the new units. I'll hang tight til then and stay off the rough stuff lol
Oh powder coating on the front bracket would be a nice touch. It will be worth the wait👍

2761 - 2780 of 2782 Posts