Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Green Emblem Logo Vehicle Bumper I loaded up my wildcat today and took it out with some friends who had can am commanders and polaris rzrs. We went over to the lake for some muddy lake bottom riding and then up to what we call power line hill which has trails cut along the ridgetop. We were just riding around enjoying the suspension.

We came across a group of guys standing on a hill top and stopped to see what was going on. There were guys on dirt bikes and quads climbing a hill that normally was only for mountain goats. You know me - i had to let the cat loose. I saw them doing it and had to see what the cat would do. It made the hillclimb like i was on flat ground. I took two or three different paths about 200 feet straight up with mud, roots, slick leaves, and little trees popping up everywhere. They couldn't believe a sxs could do it. I was very impressed with how it handled. Then we ate lunch and drove back to the lake bottoms to grab some doughnuts for dessert. You should see that cat spin.

Then we decided to get some exercise and took the machines out for a run. We wanted to see how fast they were. We came across a long stretch of hard even clay that ran for about half a mile. I let off on mine to about 5 miles per hour until they caught up and then i hit it. We had my stock wildcat, a stock can am commander 1000 x, and a stock rzr xp. About 100 feet into it, i started pulling away from them and it looked like they had let off on the throttle but they did not. At about a half mile, i was a good 50-100 feet in front of them. It blew my mind that it was that fast.

I had a great day and was very impressed with it. The only bad spot in the day was at the very end. I went wide open up a hill that had a few rocks in the path. I hit a rock and pinched both tires on the right side. It put two holes in both side walls. The back tire went down fast and the front one was close behind. It took about 10 plugs to get air to stay in enough to get me back across the lake bottom and headed back to the truck. I had a feeling they would bust that day so i already had new ones on the way.

No complaints here though (except for the cheap ass stock balloon tires). The wildcat is no doubt the future of the utvs. You have heard from everyone how great they are - it is just mind blowing. I can't wait to get back out there. It is well worth the money!

I can't wait until airdamn is satisfied with any modifications he needs on the wcd so i can hit the road to visit him for my mod. I know silence can be frustrating, but i would rather have him in the shop and on the trails figuring everything out than sitting in the office answering the phone and holding hands. I have talked to adam several times, even since rabbit's demise, so i know he is on it. So hang tight guys and give him time. It took forever for us to get our wildcats and they turned out to be well worth the wait. The wcd will be too. I can only imagine the power it will give the machine if it already runs like this now.

Thanks to everyone for posting on the forum. The share of information here is great.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the best day i have ever had thanks to my wildcat. Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire

Reactions: Dave

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i hit the like button twice on this post!! woot, i talked my best friend into buying the wildcat, he is going to the dealer with me tomorrow morning. one questions, how are your brakes???

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brakes work great. I guess because i followed the owner manual for once and burnished my brake. I felt stupid doing it but it must have worked.

Reactions: Klint

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire a proud owner

Reactions: blownhotrodder

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Imagine how you would blow them away with the extra low end and top end of the WCD setup. They wouldn't know what to think. Even if they were to get ahead slightly you know you could top them out and walk off with the extra top end. Nothing more demoralizing to the enemy than having someone come from behind and blow right by . . . ... .. .. . ..

:cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
great report, sounds like you and the wildcat are meant to be together ........i hope to be enjoying mine soon , the dealer said the end of feb start of march , so anytime soon, hopefully i will soon have my own reports and stories.... keep us posted..........

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
COMING UP AT TOP

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My phone messed up and did not get the steep part in the middle

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
thats better than nothing, thanks

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Damn phone! But very nice write up Tennessee. Glad it is working out for you.........................

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
AT LUNCH HAD A FEW DOUNTNUTS

Reactions: Iron_Byron

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Is that a video of Bigfoot? I hear him roaring but I can't see him its all over so quickly!
I agree. That area looks very "Squatchy" to me. And I learned from TV that the fewer teeth per person in a particular area, the more sasquatch sightings.....................

·
Registered
945 Posts
Great write up Tenn......good vid to, wish your phone didn't mess up! Need to get yourself a GoPro and mount that baby right to the WC!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts