Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first 100 miles on, changed the oil today, thought all went well, added 2 quarts, took it for a spin, came back checked oil on dipstick and no oil showing. no where in the crappy example of an owners manual does it say how much oil. so....how much oil does it need?????

·
Registered
541 Posts
2.8 quarts- on specification page in manual.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The Prowler with the same motor holds 3 quarts with an oil and filter change...............

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have to say the JONES OFFROAD DEALER IN OKC are a bunch of idiots, i went there today and they handed me 2 quarts and a filter, never said squat about needing 3 quarts.

poor customer service, i have made several calls that were never returned, nobody seems to know ANYTHING about anything. selling stuff they dont have a bit of knowledge about.!!!!! that pissed me OFF!!!!!

I HOPE I DIDNT DAMAGE ANYTHING, AS I DROVE IT A FEW MILES AFTER OIL CHANGE!!! with only 2 quarts

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer was also clueless. They didn't know the type, weight, or amount required. Luckily I had read the manual so I could tell them what was needed. This kind of ticked me off that even their service manager did not know this info.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
They certainly should have known that. It is a bit misleading, though, because in the accessory catalog A-C shows the H2 engines in the listing for the 2 quart oil change kit. If people are buying an oil change kit, I will offer them the option of a 2 quart kit plus an extra quart, or a gallon kit to have some extra for topping off. A newbie could easily overlook this. When I was a John Deere dealer, Deere published a big chart to hang behind the counter which had fluid specs and capacities model-by-model. A-C could make it a bit easier on dealer personnel on some of this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts