Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy's want to let everyone know the proper way to chk oil !!!!

screw dipstick out and wipe off, and screw it all the way back in ,then back out again to get a proper reading on oil level.

the reason im posting this is just had a cat have an oil leak in the same spot twice. chk the oil to find out that the cust had added oil to it. he was just sitting the dipstick in there so it was reading low. then when he was riding the piss out of it . it would build pressure and blow gasket. he blew both gaskets in a two period now its been over two weeks and he has put 10 plus hours on it. i didnt post earlier because i wanted to see if that may be the culprit before i said anything. also this one blew magneto cap off . so " EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHK OIL ON THE CAT BEFORE YOU RIDE JUST TO MAKE SURE" im nit saying this is the reason for all oil leaks just something to look into!!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Does the wildcat come with a manual and does this get covered in the manual? Im seeing alot of people ask questions about stuff you would think would be in the manual. Just wondering if its just that most are too lazy to read.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm pretty sure my Cat leaks a little Oil, evidenced by the SANDY pile of OIL shit on my skid plate. Looks like it comes out of the case right under the secondary.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for oil checking information, BUT mine started leaking oil in 12 miles. I don't believe that most of the oil leaks is from to much oil, my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts