Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,anyone experiencing this problem with there xx.every time mine hits 190 or above on the temperature the oil pressure displays on the screen and it goes into limp mode and won’t rev past 4,000 rpms I checked the oil level and whoever has it before had the oil level a quart over what it should read on the dipstick. I drained it down to proper operating range and now it displays when I’m at an idle but I give it gas and it goes away and takes off like it should. Going to change the oil and filter again because I’m not sure what the guy did before I purchased it. Any ideas

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you check the oil are you doing it after running the car, and are you screwing the dipstick in or not? There is a proper way to check it.

Also, depending on the oil filter you use, the actual amount may fluctuate from what the manual says to.. obviously not by a quart though.

Try running the car for a minute, then check the oil by NOT screwing in the dipstick.. that should give you an accurate measurement

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another thing you may check is if the oil filter is plugged.. when my car was new it went into limp mode from assembly lube plugging the oil filter.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts