Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I have a 2018 trail limited and have recently noticed oil dripping while the engine is running , it seems to be coming from what I understand is the oil pressure sensor/switch on the passenger side under the engine , has anyone else seen this before ? I am assuming there is a seal in that switch that is blown out but if anyone else has experienced this or has any advice It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
When new, an oil pressure sensor/switch, will come with thread sealer on the threads. So, if it is truly leaking from the sensor, you will need to replace it. You will lose a little oil when you change it out. If your close to needing an oil change, just change the oil at the same time or just top it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When new, an oil pressure sensor/switch, will come with thread sealer on the threads. So, if it is truly leaking from the sensor, you will need to replace it. You will lose a little oil when you change it out. If your close to needing an oil change, just change the oil at the same time or just top it off.
I was at my local Arctic Cat dealership today which is actually primarily a Harley Davidson dealer and not a single person knew what I was looking for(there was one alterra 300 in the showroom) …said it must be something aftermarket … I had pictures of it and they cannot figure out what it is …. They went so far as to google pictures of the engine and I pointed it out to them in that picture… no sir …. Anyone have a part number for this ? Or proper engine schematic?

I really appreciate you folks !

·
Registered
17 Posts
It has it, but it's not wired up. It's the pretty standard 1/8" NPT thread, and if it's actually leaking between the threads and the block you can remove, reseal it with some teflon tape and reinstall it, but they usually fail and leak between their metal housing and the plastic of them. I'd just pull it and toss a plug in there, unless you have yours wired up for whatever reason. That system is supposed to be around 75 to 95psi when working properly, so it wouldn't take much of a bad seal within the sensor itself for it to show up there.

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Rim Automotive exterior

Wood Gas Household hardware Metal Flooring

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Back in the day, some members would wire it up to a red light, so they would have some warning if they lost oil pressure. But yes, RDC is correct. For whatever reason, Arctic Cat decided to put an oil pressure sensor on the motor but not utilize it. Like RDC said, if you're not going to use it, just put a plug in there. That would solve the problem of trying to source one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts