Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did search out posts on this subject, but didn't have a lot of time so sorry if this has been asked before....

2021 Wildcat XX all stock. 3100 miles. About a hundred miles ago, I noticed that the temp gauge was fluctuating more than it ever had in the past - previously the temp stayed pretty consistent, right about in the middle of the gauge once warmed up. Now it fluctuates up and down while driving, not a lot though to be a concern with overheating. I checked the antifreeze and it was about 1/2 inch low when cold, but shop said that's ok so I didn't add any. Radiator is clean.

So, about same time - when I pull up to stop, OIL PSI warning flashes on screen for just a brief second, not even long enough for me to snap a picture of it. Temp not overheating while this comes on- according to the gauge. If I stop completely, as in at a gas station, then go to start up after gassing up, the temp gauge starts out higher then goes back down to normal as engine runs. The oil psi warning does not happen when I've driving it, but the temp gauge fluctuates when driving.

This doesn't happen all the time, its not consistent at all. I can't pinpoint a driving condtion that makes it happen.

Took into shop and they checked everything out - all fluids are good, nothing showed up on computer-not even the oil psi warnings. (they asked me to snap pics of it when it happens but it is only on screen for less than a second)

I take it in for the 3200 mile maintenance next week and I've been telling them something is wrong with it -

What are your thoughts on this? I'm not hearing any different or unusual noises or performance and don't know what to think, but feel something is going on.

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Make sure your fans are tripping on and off correctly.
I reflashed my computer so the first fan comes on at 185 and the second at 195 I believe. I run pretty much in the 190-197 range most of the time.
Also- you can change your gauge to show coolant temp and get an accurate reading other than the bars. There is a thread on here how to do that. Forgot how.

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did search out posts on this subject, but didn't have a lot of time so sorry if this has been asked before....
Make sure your fans are tripping on and off correctly.
I reflashed my computer so the first fan comes on at 185 and the second at 195 I believe. I run pretty much in the 190-197 range most of the time.
Also- you can change your gauge to show coolant temp and get an accurate reading other than the bars. There is a thread on here how to do that. Forgot how.
Thanks, I thought I read that somewhere too - how to show the actual temp vs gauge. I'll look into that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LoneCatWI: Have you bled the air from the coolant at the engine? I could see high cylinder temperatures due to trapped air causing temperature swings and oil pressure variations. I'm considering installation of a auto bleeder. I don't find a large amount of air but it seems to collect air at the bleed line even when the burp tank is full and everything else is good.
Jeff

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LoneCatWI: Have you bled the air from the coolant at the engine? I could see high cylinder temperatures due to trapped air causing temperature swings and oil pressure variations. I'm considering installation of a auto bleeder. I don't find a large amount of air but it seems to collect air at the bleed line even when the burp tank is full and everything else is good.
Jeff
I'll look into doing that as well - thanks much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts