Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of oil and weight do you guys run? I see that Arctic Cat sells the synthetic 0w-40 and 15-w50. I live in south MS and I ride mostly on a river sandbar so it gets pretty hot down here. Which would you guys recommend for my 2013.5 1000? Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Been discussed many times, but always a good subject, many members, including myself run Rotella T6, available at Wally World. Others prefer Mobil 1, and AmsOil. Any good synthetic will work. Look into the K&N 621 oil filter, longer filter, filters more oil, and you can put it on with a rachet. Many members, myself again, use this filter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Hollywood.. I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything..could be that I dont know what Im doing lol..

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Spent some time reading the test reports on oils and how they stand up under a whole battery of nasty tests. I now hold AmsOil in high esteem and my AC dealer is also a dealer for the oil.

In trying to keep bevel gears alive a little longer (and, now that my 3 years of warrantee are gone) I'm going to AmsOil instead of the Arctic Cat oil.

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Thanks for the info Hollywood.. I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything..could be that I dont know what Im doing lol..
Yeah, if you can't find an oil types, or debates in a search, you had to do something wrong, LOL! It's discussed probably weekly!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, if you can't find an oil types, or debates in a search, you had to do something wrong, LOL! It's discussed probably weekly!
Lol..yeah I typed in oil change in the search bar..maybe I didnt look close enough!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna order that K&N oil filter..then head to wally world and pick up some oil.. What weight do ya think I should get?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I agree with Rockhopper Amsoil is awesome oil also used it in all my motorcycles for years n years,,, In the summer I use 20w50 because of the heat...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Been discussed many times, but always a good subject, many members, including myself run Rotella T6, available at Wally World. Others prefer Mobil 1, and AmsOil. Any good synthetic will work. Look into the K&N 621 oil filter, longer filter, filters more oil, and you can put it on with a rachet. Many members, myself again, use this filter.
Dude you didnt get on him for not using the search button??? I see you only get on the guys you know lol!

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Dude you didnt get on him for not using the search button??? I see you only get on the guys you know lol!
I did a little, but he's new. You on the other hand, well.............

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I use Rotella T6 cause it was what was suggested on this forum. But (for me anyway) it gets dirty real fast. Like 150 miles + or -. Been running Mobil 1 in the MH for years and really like it. I think when the Rotella is gone I'll switch to Mobil 1 for the Cat. Although I'll also do some research on Amsoil. I just know whatever I use it will be synthetic. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does the 5w-40 rotella t6 work for the wet and dry clutch guys? It seems like it should to me, but I just wanted to make sure before I do my first change. My manual says to use 0w-40, but they have apparently stopped making 0w-40 rotella t6. I tried to get AC 0w-40 from my local dealer, but they would not sell it to me. They said that they refuse to carry it because it is so expensive.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does the 5w-40 rotella t6 work for the wet and dry clutch guys? It seems like it should to me, but I just wanted to make sure before I do my first change. My manual says to use 0w-40, but they have apparently stopped making 0w-40 rotella t6. I tried to get AC 0w-40 from my local dealer, but they would not sell it to me. They said that they refuse to carry it because it is so expensive.
any oil that is 40 weight,synthetic and the API is SM

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts