Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been at the machine shop all night. We fabricated the WCD. Finished both the clutch side and the crank side portions. All I have I left to do now is wait on Donkey to get me the crank shaft nut, order a left hand tap and die to tap the clutch shaft and make the bolt that holds it on, drill and tap the flanges that hold the crank piece to the primary shaft. I'll post some pics tomorrow of the main parts and then of the complete assembly this week when we get time to finish it. :cool: Then build #2 and it's off to test them in the sand.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Been at the machine shop all night. We fabricated the WCD. Finished both the clutch side and the crank side portions. All I have I left to do now is wait on Donkey to get me the crank shaft nut, order a left hand tap and die to tap the clutch shaft and make the bolt that holds it on, drill and tap the flanges that hold the crank piece to the primary shaft. I'll post some pics tomorrow of the main parts and then of the complete assembly this week when we get time to finish it. :cool: Then build #2 and it's off to test them in the sand.

Sounds like it going to be the best solution available. Are you using the Sprung Primary form CVtech that Airdam uses??? Does the Primary you are using also employ weights as well as springs

BTW, picking up my wildcat today, Yeaaa. I hope that I won't regret it in the long run.

Mike

·
Registered
945 Posts
Can't wait to see the pic's of your creation Red!!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is it going to be made of hardend parts? Will the crank piece be resistance fit with the big nut to hold it on? Lets see some pics

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is made from 1018, pretty hard steel, easy to machine, but tough. Would have used 4140 but that would require heat treating after the hub is welded in, and isn't really necessary.

It does use the Trailbloc primary from CVtech. I am using the exact spring and weight setup that Adam had in mine.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMG_0424.jpg IMG_0425.jpg IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0427.jpg IMG_0428.jpg

PIc 1 is Adam's shaft
Pic 2 is that shaft about to get the wet clutch splined hub cut back out
Pic 3 is the beginning of my new shaft
Pic 4 is the almost finished shaft with the bearing shoulder and tapered end for the primary
PIc 5 is the finished flanged primary shaft

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
View attachment 1773 View attachment 1774 View attachment 1775 View attachment 1777

Pic 1 here shows the inset for the splined hub and crankshaft nut
Pic 2 shows both parts, primary shaft and crankshaft flange with splined hub pressed in and welded
Pic 3 is another angle of pic 2
Pic 4 is both parts together

What's left now: drill and left hand tap the shaft for the clutch holder bolt, drill and create line up pins for the flanges, drill and tap the 6 holes for the 8mm bolts that hold the flanges together.

All in all, it might be a tad heavier dutier than what is necessary, but for our prototype we didn't want to take any chances.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Red...attachments 1773, 1774, 1775, and 1777 do not work on my end.

·
Registered
945 Posts
A-pex....did the second set of pic's work for you?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Red did you see my idea. On thread wcd solution

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Tennessee it dosn't matter now they have it all worked out. Talked to him today there isn't much left.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I just think mine idea was a simplier way of doing it AND A LOT LIGHT

Reactions: wildone
1 - 20 of 76 Posts