Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got bored last night and ordered a system for my wildcat. System includes a set of Kicker Wakeboard Tower Speakers, 10in Marine sub, 5 channel marine amp, and an Mp3 player instead of a traditional head unit. Hoping that there is some room until the dash for the sub and amp install. Otherwise, I may have to mount the amp between the seats. :confused:

speakers.jpg sub.jpg
Amp.jpg mp3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
where did you get that from and the price if you don't mind sir. I'm not much for all the other stuff but a stereo is :rock_dj:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got everything from Amazon. Sub was $199, Amp was $379, and the Wakeboard Speakers were $229.Waay cheaper than ebay, and free shipping! The amp is bigger than I need, but just in case i want to expand in the future.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ya doesn't look to shabby at all I always forget about amazon these days it seems. I am makin my list of MUST HAVE stuffs hehe. Clutch delete, stereo, paddles and lightbar so far. Anyone want to buy a leg?? Oh and order subject to change!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ya doesn't look to shabby at all I always forget about amazon these days it seems. I am makin my list of MUST HAVE stuffs hehe. Clutch delete, stereo, paddles and lightbar so far. Anyone want to buy a leg?? Oh and order subject to change!:rolleyes:
How much for an arm? I think it might look good mounted on my wall :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
How much for an arm? I think it might look good mounted on my wall :biglaugh:
Remind me where you live again!:p I think I would do it without the sub at first. I have subs in my truck I just need music to ride to.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sub is hopefully going under the dash..........Put one in my brother's XP last week, hopefully the Wildcat has as much room under there. My only concern is the amp. I doubt there is much room under the seats, so that leaves either under the dash or exposed in between the seats. Worse case, I can leave out the sub and get the 4 Channel amp @ 13 1/2 X 9 5/8. Wish someone had a Wildcat around here so I could take measurements.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Dude, if you like Kicker, why not go with an IX series? It's a D class and a MINIATURE footprint. I just stacked an IX 500.4 and 500.1 under my seat in my Jeep and I had room for component crossovers and a capacitor with room to spare. The 500.4 can run your mid/highs and you can bridge the 3/4 ch to run your sub. All in a 10inch framework. DONE

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a big fan of the Ix series, but wanted something marine grade. Granted I'll probablly only see mud a few times a year when I visit back home (Ohio), but wanted to be covered. If space become an issue, I'll mount the amp overhead under the roof.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yeah, I always go with marine stuff in the UTV. It is just sealed better in general and keeps sand and everything else out. It was especially a good choice with the deck. Not sure if I will run a deck in the Wildcat, but Sony makes a pretty awesome marine deck..........

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ipod and headphones for me.,,,though i have ruined a couple ipods from getting sand in them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
looking to run a similar setup feel less nervous now that I see these pics. Thanks for going first, and tanks for posting!:D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looking to run a similar setup feel less nervous now that I see these pics. Thanks for going first, and tanks for posting!:D
No worries bro, I don't mind being the guinea pig. And if you are worried about the stock battery: don't! The stator/regulator keep up just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts