Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on Doe Mtn in TN and my trail ran hot. I got P0119 code. Is there anything I can do on the trail to get it to fix?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The guage on the dash is not registering the temp in degrees.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
It sounds like you have a air in your coolant lines.
Raise the front end of the SxS up about 18 inches.
Open Radiator Cap start engine, let the fan cycle on and off several times.you should see air escaping.
Keep adding coolant/water until all the air is out.
About 10 - 15 minutes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Moisture in the sensor connection on the motor. Add some dielectric grease to the connection.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a replacement (upgraded) for the engine heat sensor connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you cleaned the radiator out? With the rad in the front, they have a tendency to clog up with mud and dust. Had it happen on my 2016, spayed water from the front and back, no nozzle, just straight from the hose. Was crazy how much dirt came out of it. Just another thing to think of with the trail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone. Based on all the great input and all the information on the forum, I started with boonedog's thoughts about bleeding the cooling system. I put the front wheels about 24" up on car ramps on a little uphill bank beside my driveway. I bled some coolant out of the thermostat housing and put a funnel into the radiator and filled the radiator. After that I started the engine and it got about 170 degrees and I saw the coolant move, so I felt good that the thermostat was working. I left about 1 inch of coolant in the funnel and watched the temp go to 204. The fan kicked on, the temp went to 206 for a few seconds and then steadily went down to 192. The fan kicked off and the cycle started again. In other words SUCCESS. I rode for about 15 minutes on my small trail in the woods behind my house and each cycle went from 192 to 206. Fan on at 204 and off at 192. I let it cool for a couple of hours and did the process one more time and got the same great results.

I also thoroughly cleaned the radiator just in case and I am going to disconnect, clean and grease the ECT Sensor at the thermostat. Thanks for all the great advice. It worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I'm glad to hear that it worked. It's not just Arctic Cats
We were up in Colorado with some friends A few weeks ago and a guy just purchased a new Honda Pioneer and had the exact same problem.
I don't understand why the dealership does not take care of it before it even leaves the shop. They know it's a issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts