Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fighting an over heating issue this year. The first ride of the year we were in quite a few hills, It seemed like every time i would have the front end elevated going up hill the sxs would start to overheat and I would have to crack the bleed screw and bleed some air out. So after the ride I elevated the front end and bleed the coolant system. Thinking my problem has gone away after riding 200 normal miles and not having a heating issue. Well this weekend me and the boy went for a quick 40 mile ride, during the ride we had to climb a fairly steep hill, after stopping at the top of the hill the sxs started to over heat again and once again had to crack the bleed screw to get back home. The rad is clean, fan is working, cooling system was right full before ride. Anyone else experience this? only overheats once the front is elevated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wonder if it’s still an air bubble problem? I would make sure it’s on level ground and pop the radiator cap and let it run to operating temperature and see if air still bubbles out. Mayb let it idle like that for 10 mins or so.

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I have the time i am going to hook the front end up to the crane and try bleed it again, see if it helps. I think the rad design is a big factor on why these things are so hard to bleed and will get air in the system, having both lines right at the top of the rad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after trying everything I could think off (Flushing the rad, removing the thermostat and running it, checking the water pump, compression test hot and cold, swapping the rad cap, Tightening all the hose clamps, checking for cross contamination) I ended up taking it to the dealer to get torn down. Only had 15 day of warranty left. The SXS would sit and idle all day with no problem, drive it for 5 miles and it would overheat. They tore it down and found a blown head gasket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Glad you found it before your warranty ran out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts