Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 wildcat sport ltd. it started overheating almost instantly after the recall was done on the exhaust and firewall modification. my dealer said "don't know" and you are just out of warranty... we can look at it if you want... has anyone had this issue? i have replaced thermo housing, flushed, and re flushed, checked the impeller. with a laser thermometer the driver side cylinder seems to stay close to operating temp or lower but the pass side cylinder(by the thermostat housing, which is new) climbs to signal the gauge to max out, the fan to start and set over temp code if you let it run. hoses at radiator are cool, i have had all lines off and blown out. its been in the back of my barn now for a couple years because i was frustrated but am ready to drive again... i really like the machine... any help please

·
Registered
279 Posts
Did you try using the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing and filling it up till you get coolant flowing out the bleed screw on top of housing where the temp sensor is? does it seem to be reeding hot on the gauge cluster?

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Couple of things you could try. First, any chance your radiator might be mud packed? Sometimes looking clean and being clean are two different things. Second, since it's been sitting a couple of years, replace all the coolant. Might be an air bubble that is giving you trouble. Like Idaho Rigging suggested, when you replace the coolant, let it flow out the screw hole, see if it spits air with the coolant. You could try Engine Ice, but you need to have all the other coolant out. They won't mix. You could also try a fan override switch, but you need to figure out the problem first.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Oh, and welcome conradikal6. Get your overheating fixed, and get yourself harnesses and a harness bar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try using the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing and filling it up till you get coolant flowing out the bleed screw on top of housing where the temp sensor is? does it seem to be reeding hot on the gauge cluster?
I did bleed at housing and yes it does read hot on cluster and turns fan on but hoses are cool at the radiator

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well only a couple other things it can be, if you checked everything you said you checked and bleed the coolant at the housing. Not getting flow for some reason. Maybe broken chain that drives the water pump?

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Try driving the front of the machine up on ramps, up a bank , whatever to get the front as high as possible then fill the radiator and let it run, sounds like you have an air pocket keeping coolant from flowing, getting the radiator as high as possible sometimes helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try driving the front of the machine up on ramps, up a bank , whatever to get the front as high as possible then fill the radiator and let it run, sounds like you have an air pocket keeping coolant from flowing, getting the radiator as high as possible sometimes helps

·
Registered
279 Posts
About all it can be. If pump is turning, and all lines are free, and radiator is staying cold means not getting flow. Air locked or possible thermostat staying shut not allowing coolant to flow from motor to radiator?

·
Registered
279 Posts
It will work. May have to run it and leave top radiator hose off to make sure you are getting flow. This will allow the air somewhere to go. Or while it's running loosen the screw on top of the housing so the air can go out there. Need it loose enough so coolant leaks out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I left the bleeder open just a crack so it let just a dribble out and drive it for little while and check it. that's how I got the air pocket out

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 2015 wildcat sport ltd. it started overheating almost instantly after the recall was done on the exhaust and firewall modification. my dealer said "don't know" and you are just out of warranty... we can look at it if you want... has anyone had this issue? i have replaced thermo housing, flushed, and re flushed, checked the impeller. with a laser thermometer the driver side cylinder seems to stay close to operating temp or lower but the pass side cylinder(by the thermostat housing, which is new) climbs to signal the gauge to max out, the fan to start and set over temp code if you let it run. hoses at radiator are cool, i have had all lines off and blown out. its been in the back of my barn now for a couple years because i was frustrated but am ready to drive again... i really like the machine... any help please
I had a problem like that. After a fire. Don’t know what came first. The over heating or the fire. I did know that the engine wasn’t running right. I just could hear it. Like a fouled plug. It went back to the dealer and Textron replaced the burnt plastic and said it was running ok. I still could tell it was not. They said that they had done everything that they could do. Luckily I had another dealer located two miles away. I went to their service desk . The guy went out and listened when I started it up. He said that it sounded ok too. I knew it wasn’t. They had another brand new sport out front. I ask him if we could start it and compare the sound. sure enough I was right. They took it into the shop for a few days. When I got it back it ran great and haven’t had a problem since. It had a bad coil and was running on one cylinder. I bet that is your problem too. Good luck ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it still keeps acting up do a search and find my thread called overheating or look for it, think it's about 25 threads down. Some info in there

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I had a problem like that. After a fire. Don’t know what came first. The over heating or the fire. I did know that the engine wasn’t running right. I just could hear it. Like a fouled plug. It went back to the dealer and Textron replaced the burnt plastic and said it was running ok. I still could tell it was not. They said that they had done everything that they could do. Luckily I had another dealer located two miles away. I went to their service desk . The guy went out and listened when I started it up. He said that it sounded ok too. I knew it wasn’t. They had another brand new sport out front. I ask him if we could start it and compare the sound. sure enough I was right. They took it into the shop for a few days. When I got it back it ran great and haven’t had a problem since. It had a bad coil and was running on one cylinder. I bet that is your problem too. Good luck ?
What kind of dealer can't tell if a machine is only running on one cylinder !!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts