Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P1400 Fuel Level Sensor flashing. I removed the fuel tank module and found the sensor float arm retainer broken. I glued it back together and reinstalled it. But the code won't go away. How do I clear the code?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Codes clear automatically.

There is a contact attached to the float arm that "wipes" across a series of resistors. Make sure that wiper is touching the resistors. You can test it outside of the tank, but keep the test short so the pump does not get damaged by running dry.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Codes clear automatically.

There is a contact attached to the float arm that "wipes" across a series of resistors. Make sure that wiper is touching the resistors. You can test it outside of the tank, but keep the test short so the pump does not get damaged by running dry.
Thanks, I thought that's how the codes cleared, but they wouldn't. So I pulled the tank module out again, and found the float arm retainer had come apart where I glued it. I'm trying a different (super) glue this time. If this doesn't work, I'll have to replace the Fuel Level Sensor, again. This is the second time it breaks. SMH

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Gluing plastic so that it survives immersed in gas sounds difficult at best. Could you splint the broken pieces together by wrapping with safety wire? Or any other wire, for that matter. I might even try stranded electrical wire, then coat it with epoxy.

Have you found a source for just the fuel level sender? I'm pretty sure AC only sells the pump and sender assembly, and that sucker is PRICEY!

Reactions: J Paul and izom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gluing plastic so that it survives immersed in gas sounds difficult at best. Could you splint the broken pieces together by wrapping with safety wire? Or any other wire, for that matter. I might even try stranded electrical wire, then coat it with epoxy.

Have you found a source for just the fuel level sender? I'm pretty sure AC only sells the pump and sender assembly, and that sucker is PRICEY!
I haven't found a source. Do you know of one?
So, I Super Glued the retainer, and then I applied Seals All over the Super Glue. I don't know if the Super Glue is gas resistant, but I know the Seals All is. Hopefully that works.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
No, I haven't needed a sender so I haven't put any time in to see if there is a generic version available.

Good luck with the Seals All!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't fix it. It needed to be replaced. So instead of buying a new fuel tank module for $353, I bought a used fuel tank(complete with module) for $140, and robbed the fuel level sensor from it. Anyone need a fuel pump, tank, or both?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Since this thread is in a generic forum, you might tell people what model you have.

Reactions: Mainer13
1 - 8 of 8 Posts