Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I think a few of you have had this issue. At first I thought it was a clutch issue when I was in Dumont dunes, I couldn't get past 7500 rpm.

Obviously if you start to feel power loss or limited RPM but no warnings, lights, other issues. Just the motor boggs and can't go FAST! Ha Ha, check your TIP.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
geeeez louise...when removed did it run like it use to?...thanks for the heads up...

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
amazing...my no mechanical skills mind would have never thought to look there...is it actually running better than before it blew it's lunch?...any louder?...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dean, my buddies said it sounded funny when plugged (muffled, banana in the pipe) and then normal (ugly rasp) once all that debri was removed. Easy phillips screw removal and plyers to put the heat/rust welded tip.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
amazing...my no mechanical skills mind would have never thought to look there...is it actually running better than before it blew it's lunch?...any louder?...
Now with the the spark screen removed it sounded WAY better, deep tone bop bop bop from the cam. I never drove it just rapped it a few time to be sure all the debri had blown out.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Now with the the spark screen removed it sounded WAY better, deep tone bop bop bop from the cam. I never drove it just rapped it a few time to be sure all the debri had blown out.
can’t ride without the spark arrestor on the exhaust in colorado or other western states...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You "can" but johnny law would not be happy if caught, I've only been checked twice since 2005 but ya never know.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
as a former deanie law for 30 years I wouldn’t want to be the cause of a forest fire as the draught plagued west has enough of them...

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
as a former deanie law for 30 years I wouldn’t want to be the cause of a forest fire as the draught plagued west has enough of them...
That is why I won't remove the panel behind the muffler. Park or backup into high grass and the catalyst can easily start a fire.

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm actually surprised with a lot of the aftermarket pipes not being true compliant without screens, people tend to think the turbo or baffling inside is legal

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Regarding mufflers being a legit spark arrestor: An approved spark arrestor is serviceable, to remove the carbon trapped by the spark arrestor. There are mufflers with screens built in - Hushpower II comes to mind - but with no ability to service the screen, they don't qualify as a spark arrestor.

The only turbos that don't need spark arrestors are ones with no ability for exhaust to flow around the exhaust turbine. I'm not aware of any turbo systems that don't have a wastegate of some sort, either internal to the turbo or external on the exhaust header, so they all require spark arrestors.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm actually surprised with a lot of the aftermarket pipes not being true compliant without screens, people tend to think the turbo or baffling inside is legal
Because they want to post higher hp numbers...

My cat convertor fell off in a freak accident...lol.
I still run the screen where I live near the forest...dez- it gets removed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts