Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a chance to buy a used set of Method bead lock 14x10 rears and 14x8 fronts with STI 28X13-14 for the rear and 28x10 front for $1,000. It’s a nice looking set up, I’m just concerned about the tire height and to many paddles.
Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have a chance to buy a used set of Method bead lock 14x10 rears and 14x8 fronts with STI 28X13-14 for the rear and 28x10 front for $1,000. It’s a nice looking set up, I’m just concerned about the tire height and to many paddles.
Opinions welcome.
BY "STI" s do you mean Sand Drifters? Or "STU's" ? (Sand Tire Unlimited) If they are STI's, (Sand Drifters) I would go with the 30's. That is what I have....the 28's will be too small.
Now STU's you can go with the 28's because they are very large for a 28- almost a 30.

STU's are a much better tire but way more expensive....mine work fine though.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My friend picked up a 2018 XX and will be looking for some paddle tires. His XX did good in Glamis on the 32" Terra Master dirt tires, but they dig in turns. His XX has an Alba tune, Speed exhaust and clutch kit.

The choices we discussed were:

31" Sandcraft Destroyer 9 or 10 paddle (be light and good size as his car is clutched for 32" dirt tires)
System3 SS360 in a 30" (this a a great set up and top of the list in the molded cheaper tire)
30 or 32" CST Sandblast

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, they are Sand Drifters and now the price is $1,100. I’m thinkin about passing on them since for not a whole lot more I can get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Now the seller is down to $1,000 and I need to make a decision. These Paddles for Glamis or just stick with stock and go to Ocotillo for the weekend.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yep- 28's- too small.
I paid like $1100 and change delivered for my Drifters (30's) and HD9 beadlock STI's new. They are a little more now I think...should be less than $1200.

CST's are good as Sand Shark stated for the price...they are just ugly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So I ended up picking up a set of Gmz Sandstripper XL 10 paddle for 15” rims. Got them slightly used, all four for $600. Now on to getting some wheels to mount them on.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts