Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I run 15" rims with 32" skat trak 10 paddle staggered and front rough buff and really like them

also ran a set of 14" stu blaster #2 and front stu tributes and they were decent but liked the skats a lot more

·
Administrator
28,002 Posts
Season is just about over, so there should be some deals out there. What dunes? Sand is different everywhere. Glamis, St. Anthony's, Oregon, Little Sahara. Stick with 30" tires, IMO. Paddles are subjective, too many rob horsepower, too few just spin. Look for something between 10 / 11 paddles. Up front, buffed smoothie, or a Mohawk (tire with a raised rib in the middle). Skats are by far the lightest.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
OP do not skimp on paddles and like above posts 10/11 paddles. I ran Skats 10 paddle and buffed front. i am not a fan of smooth front tires but then again I always run 4wd. I also run Skats because they are the absolute lightest tire and sand robs HP like no other.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got a set from a member here and they work but not optimal, I got a great deal and am not complaining on that end.
The fronts are the Tribute's and really like those.
The rears are STU Beach Combers with a staggered cut. They dune just OK. They have a solid planted feel but seam to really rob the power when climbing. In small dunes they run good and turn fast. As soon as you need to go UP hill or hold a line you just bog down and loose forward momentum.

I've ran them in both Glamis and Dumont. Different sand and same results.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Thanks everyone, does anyone know about the Sandslingers on the Speed website? They (Speed) say that’s all the run on stock and built cars
I had 28” Sand Slingers on the old X and they worked good. Check out System 3 ds340’s...have them on my XX, it a stage 3rr with clutch work and I “comp” cut them but they work as good as any paddle I have ever tried and I have had them all.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
What are the best tires to use on a stock XX? Recommendations on what to run on the front also appreciated!
I have the System 3 SS360s on my stock machine 14 x 30". Just on the rear and aired down the front and went everywhere I wanted to go. Had to be in 4wd sometime depending on the slope and how fast I was going. I don't think these machines have the HP to run the sand in 2WD only. So if you got the front SS360s as well, you wouldn't have any problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts