Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi here in canada the black wildcat paint is peeling off try to remove a factory sticker. Believe me its horor whe are 4 for the moment. Please if its happens go to your dealer to claim new plastic use the waranty guys. Let me know if other peoples have the same problem here 4 wildcat and 1 atv :-( no more paint. Plastic are not sand and no plastic adesion before paint= peelChaps

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What You Useing To Get Them Off
Have Had Painted Wheeler For 4 Years & Have Not Had A Bit Of Trouble Getting Stickers Off
Try Peanut Butter

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I took all my stickers off my Prowler XTZ with its painted plastics. Just heat up the stickers and peel them off. No chemicals, no scraping. I then buffed the residue with compound and waxed it. No issues for me........

·
Registered
386 Posts
when I went to the demo ride I noticed that a couple of them had a lot of paint missing, this was one thing that worried me. The rep said that they had been wrecked.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
If they are really stubborn, or have been on a few years baking in the sun, you can buy an eraser wheel. It is a round wheel that you mount to your drill. It is made of rubber eraser type material. It spins and takes off any sticker or pin stripe and doesn't damage your paint...........................

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yup....Dent is right, I have one and it works nicely.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dent is right. AC painted plastic has always been very durable. The eraser wheels work great. Or soak them with WD-40 that loosens the glue

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had guys lose paint while trying to peel the stickers off of new snowmobiles... usually theyre just trying to peel them back without using heat or anything else... their fault. haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took a heat gun and thats why im surprise to see my paint peel off :-0 and the 3 other wildcat the paint goes off by themself just like me. Whe just have to look at it and it peel hahaha . And i know how to im a bodyman so no fault from my side. And whatever even if you dont take a heat gun paint its not suppose to peel this problem is a bad preparation . Im sure a lots wildcat owners will complain about peeling problem.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You are completely right Chaps. If the plastic is not prepped correctly, the best paint job in the world is useless. If they get lots of returned parts for warranty, you can bet they will get it fixed. Usually that kind of thing is limited to a small run of parts that weren't prepped properly. They clearly know how it should be done, as they have many product lines with properly painted plastics..........

·
Registered
545 Posts
When I first got mine I used scotch tape to mock up led under the fender,would pull paint off,ok it was under the fender and was not meant to be painted anyways,it was just overspread I guess, but I do have paint issues on my fenders where it starts from the edge and goes about a inch up ,2 spots so far peaking and bubbling and getting bigger,I already commented on arctic cat fb page about this,no primer ,just black plastic under the green paint sand I doubt it has a flex agent in it either.they need be peeped and treated like a car bumper that fkexes,and yes should have primer,ill taking mine in for warranty,peaking getting worse every ride.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From what I hve noticed is that some of the stickers like on the rear will come off easy others seam to be under clear or somthing! not going to start until i know i canget them all off!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
3M makes the best one I heard. But that the paint is peeling up at all on a new cat concerns me. Kinda glad I don't have the money for a new wildcat right now. Hopefully little things like this will be addressed by Arctic cat.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My pressure washer takes them off a little at a time, but not the paint. Well except for where I have a bump or two that cracked the paint, it is peeling. On my 08 Thundercat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts