Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some have had issue's with parking on hills and getting the Wildcat out of park with a load on the running gear. I'm thinking that I may try one of these. It's a hydraulic parking brake that is placed in/on the brake line of the vehicle. To set the brake you push on the brake pedal and push the lock down. to release you lift it up. Thought I would pass this along...

dealparts.com: EMPI Hydraulic Park Lock

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good idea. Had the same problem with my buddies Rhino siting on a hill watching the drags at Dumont. had to get out and rock it back & forth to get it out of park.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Over on the mini buggy site, they've had this same discussion and came to the conclusion that a ball valve works better. Some of them reported having major problems getting the park lock to release, one guy reported he stepped on the brakes harder to help it release and blew the seal out of his master cylinder.

I'm not a big fan of flex hose for brake lines. The WC uses flex hose exclusively, which I think contributes to a little bit of a spongy brake feel. I have mostly stainless brake lines in my rail, maybe a total of 4 feet of flex line right at the pivot points.

Maybe someday in the future if I install a ball valve somewhere convenient, I'll replumb the brake lines with stainless.

Reactions: WildOffroad

·
Registered
186 Posts
several vendors have made different types of parking brakes for the RZR.
line locks are one way.
a lever or cable to hold the brake pedal down are another.
I would imagine UTV Inc or another vendor will make something similar for the WC if there is a demand.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like the ball valve idea myself. Very simple, cheap, less moving parts, and readily available.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I like the one i have on my rzr-s.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Be careful with ball valves. Most hardware store variety is gonna be 125 to 150 psi max pressure. Hydraulic pressure is gonna be higher than that. Go to a hydraulic shop that can make hoses and they should be able to supply a good one. I think a simple lever that locks the brake pedal down would be the easiest to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts