Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody with a wildcat trail/sports fabricated some kind of parking brake for there bikes ?Any info and pics would be great
Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Has anybody with a wildcat trail/sports fabricated some kind of parking brake for there bikes ?Any info and pics would be great
Thank you
yes...pm on its way...

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Everything from kits to sticks on the internet. Very useful on these machines, keeps trans from "binding" when parking on a hill, makes tieing it down on a trailer very easy, and safe for towing because the transmission isn't "loaded" up on the park pawl its in neutral instead of park.

·
Registered
797 Posts
just ordered mine from springbreakthingy
FYI - I don't think that brake works with the trail/ sport. I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
FYI - I don't think that brake works with the trail/ sport. I could be wrong though.
they make them for the wildcat 1000 and another for the trail/sport...they have a prototype for the xx...

·
Registered
797 Posts
they make them for the wildcat 1000 and another for the trail/sport...they have a prototype for the xx...
Nice! I remember when they were looking for people here to try their first model, but we quickly learned that only fit the 1000. I did not know they had one for the trail.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Nice! I remember when they were looking for people here to try their first model, but we quickly learned that only fit the 1000. I did not know they had one for the trail.
they are in fact needing someone with a xx to try it out...i solicited them to become a vendor on the forum...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya they just posted up that the one for the trail/sport was ready this weekend so i ordered it monday. I'll post picks once it comes in they are supposed to be stupid easy to install and work well.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
they offered to send me one to see how it works but i told him i had nothing to install it in...bummer...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have the SakBrake, works awesome, prefer a hand brake than foot controlled. AND would buy it today, since he has helped me and many others with all kinds of tips and points on this forum, that counts big time to me for supporting a product.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
I have the SakBrake, works awesome, prefer a hand brake than foot controlled. AND would buy it today, since he has helped me and many others with all kinds of tips and points on this forum, that counts big time to me for supporting a product.
non-available for the xx and no timetable given as i asked...

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Registered
707 Posts
non-available for the xx and no timetable given as i asked...
Was throwing it out there for trail/sport guys looking, your situation is obviously different with new machine comin. Hope you like the new ride you're gettin!

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Hope you like the new ride you're gettin!
i'm hoping i'm getting it...starting to have my doubts...i'm already getting accessories ordered/delivered to the dealer for install (oem tire/rim, street legal kit, side mirrors, etc)...was hoping to get a hand brake ordered but not available from anywhere i could find...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I used hockey stick for awhile.. Any light tubing works great so you can wedge corner of brake pedal into it and then find good anchor point in floor/seat base area. Until you set it on a hill nose up, then catch it with your boot when exiting, then it gets interesting! That's when I got the Sak brake. Will watch for your big announcement soon!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I used hockey stick for awhile.. Any light tubing works great so you can wedge corner of brake pedal into it and then find good anchor point in floor/seat base area. Until you set it on a hill nose up, then catch it with your boot when exiting, then it gets interesting! That's when I got the Sak brake. Will watch for your big announcement soon!
Maybe a wheel chock with a piece of paracord attached?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts