Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up the two new cat's today from AZ WEST and went for an hour drive with my dad. It is the first trip out in them but they definitly seemed to be running way better then the test models I drove in Barstow. There was no lag in the belt when you mash the throttle like those were. I don't know if maybe there is some breaking in period where it will occur, but it was a noticibly different and had way more power to the wheels. Did they change anything...I don't know, but it ran like a stripped ass monkey!!! We ran it in Hard Pack in Lake Havasu City and loose rocks. The plan was to run them in Glamis all day, but they came in later then expected. Is anyone else experiencing these same things? honeymoon and wildcat 005.jpg honeymoon and wildcat 002.jpg honeymoon and wildcat 010.jpg honeymoon and wildcat 009.jpg

After the long wait for these things I can say I am 1000% satisfied and glad I did not break down and buy a rzr XP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thanks for the post! Looks sweet!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Congrats, and yes, we had this discussion on the drastic difference between the demos and the production units back when the dealer floor models hit.

·
Registered
986 Posts
So did the clutching problem get resolved ori it still occurring?
Well that depends on what you consider a problem, and what you consider solved??? The production units definitely shift a higher RPM, but the wet clutch and the spring setup is still not optimal for performance, especially in sand.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You guys are making me jealous, where's mine, I want it now! Still waiting on Bass Pro to get a delivery date

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Nice rides you've got there! You know that MCX-USA is located in LHC right? You should take your Cats over there and say hi to Trey :cool:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The nerve of some people!!!:pat: Posting pic's of their Wildcat(s), when most of us are left sitting on the sidelines!!!

Congrats on the "Cats":D

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Congrats on the twins they are beautiful :cool: So far the majority of people who've actually driven the Wildcat seem very happy with it, I know we are! Obviously people will want to mod them, but what UTV out there do you not say that same thing about? Out of the box it's the best all around sport UTV made for my money...for now anyway, let the OEM sport wars commence :cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is for sure. I did stop by mcx but looked busy so I bailed but I will stop in again. they are awesome. We will see how they do in glamis

·
Registered
87 Posts
Now I know people have tested the floor model in the dunes but has anyone had one of these preorders in the dunes?
The ones that I've experienced, (3 driven/4 observed), have all been from the demos----So maybe with all the comments about lugging or lack of power on the hills etc., AC may have already addressed it in the factory before sending em out----Hope that's the case----You'll know immediately when you climb some of the bigger dunes----Keep us posted.

Also you'll have a perfect opportunity to test out your stock "Twins" with Rabbits' modded one with the wcd set up while you're both at Glamis.

Happy

·
Registered
986 Posts
I will be testing on dunes, bit smaller than Glamis dunes, but I can line up with stock XPs and see who makes it up first on our dunes here in OK. I'll post it up Saturday evening and then some vids and stuff Sunday night when I get home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts