Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Rock Hopper, I think you just found my problem. If and this is a big IF my pump does not weep coolant would this indicate that the seal has not been ruined and it is probably the thermostat? If the seal is weeping, does this let so much coolant out that it causes the overheating and eventual puking? Or does the poor seal just let the coolant by pass and not get to the radiator? Thanks
You should do that entire burp procedure and see if that fixes your problem. The fact that your radiator easily took 16 ounces out in the dunes tells me you still probably have air in the system. It may not be your thermostat at all.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
You should do that entire burp procedure and see if that fixes your problem. The fact that your radiator easily took 16 ounces out in the dunes tells me you still probably have air in the system. It may not be your thermostat at all.
Whoa, missed that! 16 ounces? No wonder why it was running hot!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Whoa, missed that! 16 ounces? No wonder why it was running hot!
Mission dude got the 16 ounces mixed up with his beer consumption. Last thing I remember him saying is " is 9:30 AM too early to have a beer? I did top off a couple of times in the dunes and did get some good runs in after that but each time it puked out some more and had to repeat procedure to complete the run back to camp.

Ordered thermostat and going to Stethoscope the water pump, check for weeping, and bleed the 4 plugs instead of just the little plug today. Can you just forget installing the thermostat if living out here in Ca and really only going to the dunes IYO??

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Mission dude got the 16 ounces mixed up with his beer consumption. Last thing I remember him saying is " is 9:30 AM too early to have a beer? I did top off a couple of times in the dunes and did get some good runs in after that but each time it puked out some more and had to repeat procedure to complete the run back to camp.

Ordered thermostat and going to Stethoscope the water pump, check for weeping, and bleed the 4 plugs instead of just the little plug today. Can you just forget installing the thermostat if living out here in Ca and really only going to the dunes IYO??
Scooby asks those same types of questions, LOL!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Scooby asks those same types of questions, LOL!
What about my question of Just leaving the Thermostat out?? Who needs it in Ca in the Dunes? Did the fill again and checked for flow and to see if there were any bubbles in the flow, none that I could see so I capped it and ran it until it got hot and shut it off to check for a "weeping water pump. No WEEP. Did not receive new Thermostat yet. The Stethoscope on the pump was normal quiet IMO but still suspect it has a worn impeller and does not achieve full flow. Rockhopper said he put the seal kit in. Was that to stop the weep only or was that to eliminate some bypassing of the pump?

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
What about my question of Just leaving the Thermostat out?? Who needs it in Ca in the Dunes? Did the fill again and checked for flow and to see if there were any bubbles in the flow, none that I could see so I capped it and ran it until it got hot and shut it off to check for a "weeping water pump. No WEEP. Did not receive new Thermostat yet. The Stethoscope on the pump was normal quiet IMO but still suspect it has a worn impeller and does not achieve full flow. Rockhopper said he put the seal kit in. Was that to stop the weep only or was that to eliminate some bypassing of the pump?
Still think you have an air pocket in there somewhere. Did you burp the system when it was hot?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts