Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my Cast to tomorrow

Does any one have a check list that need to be done before the first ride

I heard there is something with the brakes & that you need the dealer to turn off or on something to keep it from going into limp mode

I plan on taking a couple to days to go over the machine looking for problems and checking all the bolts & locktite as many as I can.

Are there any hidden bolts that need to be checked.

Thanks for all your help

Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
about the brakes it is in the manual go 30mph brake to 5 20 times the code they have to installed it is in the inspection sheet I told the dealer about bolts being loose and they said they checked everything will see
Good luck and congrats!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Mike, let us know what issues you find after you get it home and start checking things over.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Put a bit of glue/silicone on your stator cover (the black plastic plug on the left side of the engine), Make sure the factory tightened the bolts under you hood (they are a bi*ch to get to), check tire pressure (some were as high as 36PSI), and go ride the shit out of it!! Congrats!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well let's see...
Don't stray to far from home, or at least stay within cell phone coverage. Tow a couple of big ass magnets so you don't loose too many of those bolts, washers and nuts that you couldn't reach or see. Tire repair kit with plugs, lots of em'. Locate the Tip Sensor and secure. Verify the dealer punched in the warranty code. Race Tape for the stator cover, glove box, center cover on the steering wheel & doors. A brother with a tow strap, tow vehicle, beer & cell phone.
Think that about covers it?
Mostly sarcasm :) But...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok guys, I got it home. And I must say, I am impressed, It towed in the trailer like a champ LOL

In case you are wondering, what I paid OTD

The break down was 16564.83 (Base) + 1,200 (San Bernadino Tax) 55.00 (Doc Fee) 52.00 (Lic Fee) & 7.00 (Calif tire recycle fee)

Brought from Bert Mega Mall. They still have a few Black & 1 green in stock as of Staurday for sale.

First thisn I notice was , man this machine is big! I am use to my old Honda Pilot. Although with the Travel on the Pilot, it was as wide as the Cat, but over all was 3 foot shorter in Len & 1 foot in Ht.

I did a over all inspection of the Cat before taking it from the dealer. The hood had no play, all hoses were not kinked, steering wheel was centered, all viewable clamps were installed & could not find any obvious loose bolts. Also the gove box seem to have a very positive latch & did not wiggle at all when losed

I will over the next few days do a more detailed inspection b4 the first ride, which will include removing the screws of the stator cover & reinstall with loctite as well as a few other credible bolts & screws

I will keep you posted

Does anyone know where I can find the trip sensor & best way to get to it???? Is there a special way to make sure it won't come loose???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes I have a suggestion.

Sit in a quiet room for a few minutes and think about how lucky you are to able to have such a wonderful toy.
Imagine the incredible luck it was to be born in this country, at this time, in your situation.
How much effort, blood, sweat and tears your parents, grandparents and great grandparents endured.
Think about your ancestor who stood on the shores of a distant country a long time ago trying to imagine a better
life for themselves, for their family and for you, dreaming a place called America where anything was possible.
I doubt they could have imagined that their decision to leave everything they knew behind and launch a new life
in an unknown world would ever have afforded their offspring such luxuries.
Try to imagine what that person would think if they saw how you live and you took them for a ride.
Think a bit about what it has cost, the stuggle and lives lost to build us such an incredible place to live.
There are literally billions of people on this planet that would kill to have your life, even without a new Wildcat in the garage.
Think about how your own life has an effect on your family, the contributions you make in your community.
How the simple fact that you do your job, work hard, and that work contributes to those around you making their lives better.
Pat yourself on the back, because you have earned a great reward and its in your garage now.
Imagine the ripple effect you have, how those around you would be effected if you didn't do what you do. If you
wern't around or suddenly dissapeared.

But do yourself a favor, and all of those who came before that allowed you to have this opportunity and all of
those who depend on you being you and respect the very unique position you hold in this world,
and PLEASE if not for yourself then for everyone else, WEAR a HELMET.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I have a suggestion.

But do yourself a favor, and all of those who came before that allowed you to have this opportunity and all of
those who depend on you being you and respect the very unique position you hold in this world,
and PLEASE if not for yourself then for everyone else, WEAR a HELMET.

As I said in a Previous thread about Helmets. I ride with a Search & Rescue group called Rescue 3. We are a non profit. all volunteer group which gives FREE medical aid & S&R at all of the District 37 open desert races as well as any open play rider that need our assistance. We survive on State grants (From the red/green sticker program) & donations for all of our medical supply's & equipment

We have as late been seeing a lot oh head injuries from riders who refuse to wear a helmet in a SxS thinking that the Roll cage will protect them. The problem is that you can hit your head during roll overs on the roll cage as well as on things like rocks and branches which can intrude into the vehicle, especially with the 3 point belt harness. Not to mention a rock or other object that could be thrown into the vehicle from some one riding ahead of you, that is why bike riders wear chest protesters to deflect rocks and roost, etc.

So yes, I will be wearing a Helmet!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: stinkyboy1979

·
Registered
945 Posts
Man I'm going to say it like I see it.....RedMan for president!!!! Very, very well thought out and written Redman!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wooooops...Congrats on the new ride Mike!!! Enjoy it !!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man I'm going to say it like I see it.....RedMan for president!!!! Very, very well thought out and written Redman!!!!
Thanks but I am a real human being who has lived a real life, so I would never get elected.

But I am incredibly grateful for my situation in this life.
And I honestly believe that if you are truly grateful then you need to recognize the responsibility you have to those other people in your life
and extend that responsibility to making sure you continue your roles in this world.

I know a lot of guys think helmets are not "cool", so I guess I'm not cool. I prefer to be a fully functioning nerd than a
dead or incapacitated cool guy. The last thing I want is someone standing over my grave talking about how cool I was.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am no "grandpa" on the trail. If you followed my trip through the jungles of
Borneo or watched my vids on youtube (youtube.com/xxxoffroad) you know I like to push the limits of these rigs.

I just prefer to be able to do it again next weekend as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts