Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry, maybe this has been discussed. Not trying to bash these machines, I was really looking forward to buying a second year model.

What is up with the power??? Watched one trying to climb Oldsmobile at Glamis this weekend and as I said, pitiful!!!

Honestly looked like a Rhino trying to climb the hill. Never did make it. Car had paddles, I do think there were 2 passengers.

But really, what's wrong with these??? Does it need a turbo out of the box??? Did they really miss it on the clutching???

An RZR 800 with 200 less cc's climbs much better.

After seeing it perform at least at Old's, I can't see getting for Glamis. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i just dont see it being power as dyno has shown its only a couple hp less, someone needs to scrap the entire OEM clutching system with an aftermarket. SOON!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm sorry, maybe this has been discussed. Not trying to bash these machines, I was really looking forward to buying a second year model.

What is up with the power??? Watched one trying to climb Oldsmobile at Glamis this weekend and as I said, pitiful!!!

Honestly looked like a Rhino trying to climb the hill. Never did make it. Car had paddles, I do think there were 2 passengers.

But really, what's wrong with these??? Does it need a turbo out of the box??? Did they really miss it on the clutching???

An RZR 800 with 200 less cc's climbs much better.

After seeing it perform at least at Old's, I can't see getting for Glamis. My 2 cents.

You're right. You should get an XP, they're much better.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
How can you be member #26 and not know whats going on around here? Not trying to bash.......:p

Nevermind I see your regularly on the rzr forums so I understand, youre just trying to learn alittle.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm sorry, maybe this has been discussed. .
Only about a million times. Read the threads about the wet clutch delete. Then decide if it is worth the money for you to improve the clutch on the Wildcat, or long travel the XP. Either way will give you a great machine. I just think starting with the Wildcat will be the cheapest route. Plus it already has the power steering.................

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He lost me at the "An RZR 800 with 200 less cc's climbs much better"

We need a bullshit flag smiley!
An 800 RZR makes it up Old's, the Wildcat couldn't. Tried several times. No bullshit about what I saw.

Johnny from UTV Inc posted his opinion of the Wildcat performance stating somewhat the same thing. He loved the suspension but hated the power.

Denying there's a power problem doesn't really address the issue. Something is wrong with it's ability to climb, at least in the sand.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Baldy said:
First wildcat glamis ride
Baldy said:
Just got home from glamis. Rode friday sat and this am. Totally impressed with suspension,although not sure of best shock settings. As regards power raced my buddies mechanically stock xp up the face of olds at least a dozen times. He has scat 8 hauler extremes with scat smoothies up front. I was running stock tires/wheels 5 psi rear 6 front. Would get 1-2 length lead thru the whoops. Then he would catch up and lead by 1-2 lengths at the top. Contrary to what was said on another thread a stock xp is not exactly flying at the top as it too is spinning all 4 as is the cat. I say with optimal sand tire combo the race is likely even.Plastic cap fell out of left engine side the first ride. Removed all netting after that also-too much rattling. Also could not see any functional reason to retain.Note this engine only requires 87 octane likely will come alive with timing/compression.Anyone else comment on the front springs on the second wave? Mine upper springs are fully compressed as we're those on two other cats I ran across.Finally had a temporary issue with the gear selector reading E on the speedo and not engaging. Went away after restarting. All in all very happy @ this point.

According to another guy the thing climbs Olds just fine.

Thats from another thread posted TODAY --> http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-general-discussion/994-wabbit-airdam.html#post16407

So we have a major difference here in what people are saying. What gives? What do you have to say about this other person's post Bagman????? If the XP with paddles and smoothies can only get 1 or 2 lengths up Olds against a Wildcat with stock tires and wheels then I guess they BOTH are pitiful huh?

·
Registered
527 Posts

According to another guy the thing climbs Olds just fine.

Thats from another thread posted TODAY --> http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-general-discussion/994-wabbit-airdam.html#post16407

So we have a major difference here in what people are saying. What gives? What do you have to say about this other person's post Bagman????? If the XP with paddles and smoothies can only get 1 or 2 lengths up Olds against a Wildcat with stock tires and wheels then I guess they BOTH are pitiful huh?
I'm done feeding the troll Chris, it's Miller Time!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I came to the wrong place for some honest answers.

You all think real highly of yourselves!!! Have a nice day!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
No you came to the right place for straight answers, its just the way you worded your first post that got you nowhere. If your really interested in information there is plenty on this forum to find and the search button works. :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have no doubts that a stock Wildcat wouldn't make it up Olds hill. Especially if they tried in 2wd. The XP can make it in 2wd, but not the wildcat. My old XTZ was just barely quicker than a stock RZR-S. And I mean barely. And we saw the race XTZ vs. WC. So I have no doubts that even a RZR 800S could make it up when the Wildcat couldn't with 2 people aboard. If this WCD doesn't make the Wildcat perform as good as the XP, I think I am going with the XP. I keep going back and fourth. The results of this weekend will make up my mind for sure. You guys were pretty quick to jump on a guy who saw the same thing that others on here have already reported. Right now the stock XP has a much better motor and clutch............

1 - 20 of 111 Posts