Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wildcat Trail
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So during my moose hunt this year 20 miles in, my thermostat broke causing my trail to overheat. That caused a WICKED air bubble in this thing and now I CAN NOT get coolant to flow thru the system. I have replaced the thermostat with a brand new OEM one and tested in in boiling water prior to installing it and still can not get this to bleed. There is no coolant flow in the radiator nor can I feel water moving thru either hose on the water pump. All hoses in the front/radiator itself never get even warm. Iv raised the front of the machine, opened all the bleeder ports, tried EVERY air bleeding remedy this page has to offer and still can’t get fluid to flow. Iv pulled the water pump cover off to ensure it wasn’t broken, it won’t spin by hand and spins while turning the engine over so I know it’s good. Don’t really have time to take it to the dealership as I am deploying in a week and will need it as SOON as I get back for bear season. Please help me, I’m so lost here 😂

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Elevate front of machine 10inches or so, open bleeder screw on top thermostat housing on top of engine and fill radiator until solid stream comes out bleeder this is with the engine off. Then start engine and allow to run for awhile then open bleeder several times while keeping radiator full plus the overflow bottle to the full line. Then take it for a small ride or let idle and bleed again. Hopefully that gets it. DOES YOUR WATERPUMP OPERATE?

Reactions: Dean and mtgott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure how much you overheated it but we overheated ours once when the coolant temp switch connection went bad. I went through everything you have done and it ended up that the cylinder head and between the two cylinders was warped enough that the head gasket was leaking compression into the cooling system. Long story short, I was able to use a flat steel plate and fine sand paper to "mill" them back to spec.

·
Registered
2016 Wildcat Trail
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how much you overheated it but we overheated ours once when the coolant temp switch connection went bad. I went through everything you have done and it ended up that the cylinder head and between the two cylinders was warped enough that the head gasket was leaking compression into the cooling system. Long story short, I was able to use a flat steel plate and fine sand paper to "mill" them back to spec.
Did you have oil and coolant mixing tho? From the warped head?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you have oil and coolant mixing tho? From the warped head?
No, there was no water in the oil. It wasn't near the oil passage to the head. Only between the two cyls and into coolant passage. I don't remember the specs but it is a real tight tolerance for warpage. I could not visually see any evidence of the gasket being blown.

Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts