Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wildcat Trail
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So during my moose hunt this year 20 miles in, my thermostat broke causing my trail to overheat. That caused a WICKED air bubble in this thing and now I CAN NOT get coolant to flow thru the system. I have replaced the thermostat with a brand new OEM one and tested in in boiling water prior to installing it and still can not get this to bleed. There is no coolant flow in the radiator nor can I feel water moving thru either hose on the water pump. All hoses in the front/radiator itself never get even warm. Iv raised the front of the machine, opened all the bleeder ports, tried EVERY air bleeding remedy this page has to offer and still can’t get fluid to flow. Iv pulled the water pump cover off to ensure it wasn’t broken, it won’t spin by hand and spins while turning the engine over so I know it’s good. Don’t really have time to take it to the dealership as I am deploying in a week and will need it as SOON as I get back for bear season. Please help me, I’m so lost here 😂

·
Registered
2016 Wildcat Trail
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how much you overheated it but we overheated ours once when the coolant temp switch connection went bad. I went through everything you have done and it ended up that the cylinder head and between the two cylinders was warped enough that the head gasket was leaking compression into the cooling system. Long story short, I was able to use a flat steel plate and fine sand paper to "mill" them back to spec.
Did you have oil and coolant mixing tho? From the warped head?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts