Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know how, but thought it would be cool to see a poll on how many think the wildcat with the wcd will climb china wall with maybe a few variables in the poll, . like only with paddles or can with stock tires.? just bored. lol

i vote it will climb china wall with the wcd mod

·
Registered
357 Posts
dont know how, but thought it would be cool to see a poll on how many think the wildcat with the wcd will climb china wall with maybe a few variables in the poll, . like only with paddles or can with stock tires.? just bored. lol

i vote it will climb china wall with the wcd mod
What is the WCD? I read that the WC with stock clutch is hitting 7,000RPM climbing and still bogs down and turns down. If the Clutch is slipping, then the clutch would burn up, but so far nobody is saying their wet clutches are being destroyed or are they? With close to 7,000 non slipping RPMs, it should do the China Wall with good paddles, like Scats or Sand Blasters by STU in low range and locked. My Rhino does it @ 6,000 RPM but not always straight up at the top. HOPE TO HERE THAT SOMEBODY GETS THE WC modification solved quickly and posts it on this forum.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Actually, I think it was Dave at FSS said after clutch tuning by EPI(going off memory here) the wet clutch did slip. According to Adam after his dyno session the wildcat makes peak hp at 6850. So if one were to weight the clutch it sounds possible it might slip. Really makes sense why they couldn't offer 95 hp if you can slip the clutch by weighting it. I have 9 paddle skats coming and my clutch is being delivered to Adam tomorrow.

This is speculation on my part, please dont quote it as fact. I should have my clutch back next week around thursday and in saturday or sunday. I have talked to Adam and the man knows his clutches. This again is my opinion but I was willing to bet some money on it:rolleyes: My vote is no matter what the outcome is of me climbing china wall I am going to ride around the dunes with my stock shocks and be happy as hell. I fit in the wildcat, I am comfortable in the wildcat.

·
Registered
153 Posts
China is a stretch even for stock XP's without the right paddles. However given the right sand conditions its feasible. WC's should try after it rains for obvious reasons; my Commander made it up with stock tires after it sprinkled a bit and that video is my proof a Commander will do it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd like to see a video at the same angle as that previous video of the Wildcat not making it up Pattons..

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My buddy made it up in his after some rain and couldn't do it dry. Hillclimbing slowly isn't that much fun for me. If I am going to sit at the hill I am at least stealing my buddies built banshee so I can fly up the damn thing.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Personally, I don't think Wabbit even has a cat. I think Copper and Jack have been yanking our chains. I hear of all these stories of driving with a buddy at 2am with beers in tow but NO pics. Sorry Jack...I hate to doubt a fellow boozer, but You don't even have a Cat do ya?

:eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rabbit----Not sure how familiar you are with China Wall----But here's a vid of a stocker out of the box climbing it----With your clutch mods etc., you should be able to fly over it with ease----Have a buddy film it.

Happy

·
Registered
986 Posts
Rabbit----Not sure how familiar you are with China Wall----But here's a vid of a stocker out of the box climbing it----With your clutch mods etc., you should be able to fly over it with ease----Have a buddy film it.

Happy
Where is my "That was Easy" button?

I say Jack makes it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Personally, I don't think Wabbit even has a cat. I think Copper and Jack have been yanking our chains. I hear of all these stories of driving with a buddy at 2am with beers in tow but NO pics. Sorry Jack...I hate to doubt a fellow boozer, but You don't even have a Cat do ya?

:eek:
Really, you went there....REALLY.

Am I mailing Adam a box of cookies!

Shreveport, LA, United States 02/01/2012 5:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 02/01/2012 1:08 P.M. Departure Scan
02/01/2012 12:13 P.M. Arrival Scan
El Paso, TX, United States 01/31/2012 7:26 P.M. Departure Scan
01/31/2012 5:17 P.M. Arrival Scan
Phoenix, AZ, United States 01/31/2012 8:54 A.M. Departure Scan
Phoenix, AZ, United States 01/30/2012 10:54 P.M. Arrival Scan
Casa Grande, AZ, United States 01/30/2012 9:30 P.M. Departure Scan

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Really, you went there....REALLY.

Am I mailing Adam a box of cookies!

Shreveport, LA, United States
02/01/2012
5:25 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States
02/01/2012
1:08 P.M.
Departure Scan
02/01/2012
12:13 P.M.
Arrival Scan
El Paso, TX, United States
01/31/2012
7:26 P.M.
Departure Scan
01/31/2012
5:17 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Phoenix, AZ, United States
01/31/2012
8:54 A.M.
Departure Scan
Phoenix, AZ, United States
01/30/2012
10:54 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Casa Grande, AZ, United States
01/30/2012
9:30 P.M.
Departure Scan
Hey, you have had a soft on for airdam for a long time, Rabbit. How do I know that's not an early valentines present? I call BS. In the words of Wildone...yoo done aint gots no poody cat rabbid.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol trying to bait me to take pics of her nakid will not work you will have to wait. I know what I have and thats all that matters. Once she is purdy again I'll get ya some;) If Adam makes the clutch work it will not be a soft one! Seeing as we are quoting other forum members I will go with Tx:fing26:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Your going out for presidents day? Awesome gonna be a few of us out there. Well that would work I won't have to hold the droid and drive:p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hopefully mine gets here on time and I'll see you guys there even if I have to take the WC stock since I dont thing I'll have time for the clutch and exhaust

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What is the WCD? I read that the WC with stock clutch is hitting 7,000RPM climbing and still bogs down and turns down. If the Clutch is slipping, then the clutch would burn up, but so far nobody is saying their wet clutches are being destroyed or are they? With close to 7,000 non slipping RPMs, it should do the China Wall with good paddles, like Scats or Sand Blasters by STU in low range and locked. My Rhino does it @ 6,000 RPM but not always straight up at the top. HOPE TO HERE THAT SOMEBODY GETS THE WC modification solved quickly and posts it on this forum.
WCD = wet clutch delete. The problem with the stock setup isn't slippage, really, but rather An inability of the primary to backshift under a load. So the stock car isn't slipping, its bogging down. Part of the wcd is fixing the primary clutch so that it backshifts. I'm not totally clear on how it is fixed, though - it might actually be replaced with a better primary altogether.

·
Vendor
1,629 Posts
Tonys XP was not stock it had 7 or 8 Paddle skats and a UTVinc Roll Cage ... the utvinc cage gave it the extra HP

Happy

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
WCD = wet clutch delete. The problem with the stock setup isn't slippage, really, but rather An inability of the primary to backshift under a load. So the stock car isn't slipping, its bogging down. Part of the wcd is fixing the primary clutch so that it backshifts. I'm not totally clear on how it is fixed, though - it might actually be replaced with a better primary altogether.
Yes you get a new primary.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts