Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my recent trip to KOFA national wild life preserve here in western AZ I had a little loud problem.
for the last few rides I have been getting alot of back fires. I know this is due to an exhaust leak. But as usual ill ignore it till it starts shooting flames. In my mind it was spewing fire all over the plastic firewall. In reality is was just loud as hell. the header cracked on both pipes. The wrap had nothing to do with it other than hide the cracks. The OEM pipes were just made of thinner stuff. the new OEM revision are thicker pipes. While I was at it I cut both ends off the muffler and beat the guts out, the cat was already gone. I removed the stainless mesh and repacked it with Moto GP muffler baffle and re welded it all back up. It is much much quieter and no more back firing. While I had it apart the coolant hose was heat cracked, so I replaced it.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Tread

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Engineering Nut

Wood Gas Terrestrial animal Tail Auto part

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Fender Automotive fuel system

Shoe Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Wood

Glove Automotive tire Sleeve Mail Wood

Helmet Wood Glove Hat Gas

Human body Wood Artifact Gas Wrist

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
You were able to get the replacement header from the dealer?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The damn thing listed for over $400.
Found a dealership in Indiana selling it for $179. Getting out of the Artic cat game? Dunno.
We have zero dealers in Phoenix Currently.

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
316 Posts
I covered my water hoses in a similar material as well. They started putting a heat shield on that hose later. The 14's did not have anything there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts