Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2013 1000 X and I'm way pumped to make improvments to it over time. It's pretty stock right now .I look forward to searching the forum and getting input from you members. 20191226_143258.jpg 20191226_143308.jpg

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Welcome Nugget, congrats. Best improvement you can do is add harnesses. Definitely get at least another belt too, and learn to change it in your driveway, so you'll have no problems in the field. After that, what ever your budget can handle.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Welcome!

2013 had a major change mid-year. Before you order parts (especially the belt), you have to figure out if you have an early 2013 or what is frequently called a 2013.5. The later machines have a different clutching system. The clutch cover is usually bare aluminum (the early ones are black), and the cover says something about Team Clutches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Nugget, congrats. Best improvement you can do is add harnesses. Definitely get at least another belt too, and learn to change it in your driveway, so you'll have no problems in the field. After that, what ever your budget can handle.
Absolutely on the harnesses. I was surprised they were not standard. I come from the Sand Rail world and know from personal experience how lifesaving they are.

Luckily my purchase came with a new belt.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

2013 had a major change mid-year. Before you order parts (especially the belt), you have to figure out if you have an early 2013 or what is frequently called a 2013.5. The later machines have a different clutching system. The clutch cover is usually bare aluminum (the early ones are black), and the cover says something about Team Clutches.
Valuable information. I was not aware of there being 2 2013 versions. Hopefully mine is the later. I'll have to check.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
If yours is an X like you say, it will be a 13.5 model. The X model came out mid year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If yours is an X like you say, it will be a 13.5 model. The X model came out mid year.
They Fox shocks are pretty evident. And the clutch cover is the grey aluminum race cover. Happy dance. I was concerned for a few seconds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered harnesses, a tinted half winshield, better side mirrors and a rear view mirror and new bottom panels. Also bought some used 30" tires and beadlock rims.

My want list includes:
Spare tire rack
Full door panels
Rear windshield (I may cut up the current full front one to use on the back)

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Still trying to figure out if you pooped your cherry, or popped your cherry. I see a significant difference.

Reactions: txfld and Hollywood

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still trying to figure out if you pooped your cherry, or popped your cherry. I see a significant difference.
I've been waiting for someone to bring that up. As soon as I posted it I saw the misspelling, but edit wouldn't let me change the title only the body. Oops.

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to bring that up. As soon as I posted it I saw the misspelling, but edit wouldn't let me change the title only the body. Oops.
I just read the last couple of posts, I'll change it for you.

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Thank you. I don't feel like such a tool now.
No worries. This site is pretty easy going. Nobody really gives anybody any crap, just some good natured grief.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts