Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to go to 60" and why?

I would really like to hear from people that have done it one way or the other.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was assuming that the Portals were 4 inches per side because of the 5 inch backspace maximum on the wheels. After reading and rereading the portal info and comparisons I am of the understanding that the portals are a total of 4 inches wider or 2 inches per side.

·
Vendor
199 Posts
I was assuming that the Portals were 4 inches per side because of the 5 inch backspace maximum on the wheels. After reading and rereading the portal info and comparisons I am of the understanding that the portals are a total of 4 inches wider or 2 inches per side.
The portal boxes are 4" wide, so adding them to your current setup would add 4" to each side and 8" wider over all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the reply and clarification. That was what I originally thought. I guess it all comes down to what type of riding I do or which one I want (FIRST). :)

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Portals will give you both a gear reduction and a lift at the same time. And the part about the width requirements certain trails, Have with restrictions.
Thanks for the the response. I understand what they do. They also add weight and don't do anything for suspension travel. I'm specifically asking SATV why they feel their Portals are superior to their long travel kit. " All day everyday "

·
Vendor
199 Posts
Thanks for the the response. I understand what they do. They also add weight and don't do anything for suspension travel. I'm specifically asking SATV why they feel their Portals are superior to their long travel kit. " All day everyday "
Both are awesome additions and can greatly increase your Wildcat's abilities. It really all depends on how you ride. If you're going WOT in the dunes all the time, then portals probably aren't for you. If you're into hills, crawling, rough stuff. and bigger tires...then portals will greatly increase your ability to do more. The combo is even better. More width, more travel, bigger tires, gear reduction....it would be an all around more capable machine.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Not sure what this has to do with portals or lift kits
first post so believe it's a spammer...hopefully hollywood will see it...just don't click on the link at the end of the nonsense...

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
first post so believe it's a spammer...hopefully hollywood will see it...just don't click on the link at the end of the nonsense...
Got it.

Reactions: DeanTeck
1 - 14 of 14 Posts