Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fella's, any of you experience your power steering go out? I lost mine and a code flashed. It was ten something, i.e. 1014 or something to that nature. i would have written it down, but I expected the problem to remain. About a half hour later, the code went away and the steering came back. Chasing demons. Anybody else have this issue arise?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine stopped working but dealer said there was mud in the steering sleave where the cable is,stupid cable,now how to figure how to keep mud out of it.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Mud got in the cable tube ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I need to unplug mine to tell if it's even working. I'm not sure what the electric is supposed to feel like, but it sure doesn't feel like much! I was expecting more.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I need to unplug mine to tell if it's even working. I'm not sure what the electric is supposed to feel like, but it sure doesn't feel like much! I was expecting more.
I agree there... I had expected it to be a little less resistance. I do like the feel it has, just kinda figured it would be a little easier.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The best way to tell if it's working is to turn the machine off, then turn the wheel. The turn the key to the on position, not started, and feel the difference. It should be pretty noticeable. The main reasons for power steering are to prevent major feedback event such as a rock snapping the wheel and spraining your wrist. Plus at the end of a hard ride for several hours you can really tell a difference in how tired you are, at least that was my impression last weekend.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Power steering is great for long trip, easy on hands

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I know if you leave the key on a code comes up for the power steering, but I think it just turns the power steering off till you start it or turn the key off. Just a safety thing or something so you don't burn the power steering up

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Thats good to no

·
Registered
156 Posts
my cat is in at the dealer just now , been there for nearly a month waiting on a power steering module , under warranty....it would turn to the left with zero effort and took me all i had to get it to turn right, think it went into stock car mode lol.......... wish they would hurry up , my warranties ticking away as we speak and potential problems may stay hidden untill the warranties out.... and most of all i really miss it ........

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
They sale extended warranties

·
Registered
97 Posts
The best way to tell if it's working is to turn the machine off, then turn the wheel. The turn the key to the on position, not started, and feel the difference. It should be pretty noticeable. The main reasons for power steering are to prevent major feedback event such as a rock snapping the wheel and spraining your wrist. Plus at the end of a hard ride for several hours you canreally tell a difference in how tired you are, at least that was my impression last weekend.
Guess I'm just used to the Howe rack in my car, 70-80mph over huge bumps and could steer with my little finger!

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Well my cat power steering works like that.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting info on the shut down. I wonder if that was it. Wish I remembered the fawking code. Stinky, I'm gonna be pissed if you & I share the same problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was ripping on around some tight trails behind my house and lightly bumped a 1" tree with my right front tire. The power steering completely quit working while flashing an error code on the digital display. Took me everything I had to turn right. I shut the machine down and got out to see if anything was bent but everything looked alright. After restarting my cat, the steering seemed to be fine and the error code was no longer flashing on the display. Now, occasionally while riding my power steering just quits working at random and comes back when it wants. I would take it in for warranty but from everything Im reading I will need to purchase a rental vehicle for the next season or two! I have mowed down trees with my RZR that i could probably hang my deer stand in and its fine. Im definitely not happy with the crappy power steering on my cat.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Hope mine don't start DOING that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Checked mine this morning at a stand still, with the engine running and with it turned off three is no difference in the steering. I don't think it has ever worked! Only 10 miles on mine!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts