Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
28,031 Posts
l CAN TALK NOW SINCE YOU ARE BUYING A NEW ONE. WELL l HAVE TO SAY, l DON'T WANT TO WISH ANY BAD LUCK ON YOUR NEW 4 SEATER BUT WORRY OVER A STARTER FROM A MACHINE THAN START ON THE FIRST TURN IS THE LESS OF YOUR PROBLEMS. l KNOW THESE WILDCAT INSDE AND OUT. I HAVE OWNED 5 OF THEM IN THE LAST 5 YEARS AND MODIFIED AND UPGRADED EVERYONE. A 4 SEATER WILDCAT WEIGHS A LOT MORE THAN A 2 SEATER PLUS ADDING A EXTRA PERSON OR 2. ARCTIC CAT (TEXTRON) USED THE SAME CRAPPY TIERODS, REAR RADIUS RODS, REAR DRIVESHAFT AND BRAKE ROTORS BOTH 2 AND 4 SEATER. MOST PEOPLE ARE BREAKING AND BENDING THEM ON 2 SEATER AND THE 4 SEATER ARE WORSE. SO WHEN YOU ARE OUT IN THE WOODS BROKE DOWN BECAUSE OF THEM YOU MIGHT NEED A GOOD WINCH TO PULL YOU UP A STEEP HILL AND A FRONT OR REAR HITCH TO TOW IT OUT OF THE WOODS. AND 32" TIRES ARE A MUST HAVE SINCE THE 4 SEATER ARE LONGER THAN THE 2 SEATER TO GET OVER ROCKS. EVEN WITH MY CUSTOM TRAIL ARMOR SKID PLATE I'M STILL SLIDING THE BELLY ON THE ROCK AND THE FACTORY SKID PLATES ARE JUNK. MY CUSTOM SKID PLATE ALSO STICKS OUT 2" PASS MY ROCKER PANELS WHICH PROTEST THE SIDES FROM ROCKS AND TREE. BECAUSE WITH THE LENGH IT HARD TO GET ROUND TIGHT TRAILS WlTH OUT SLIDING AROUND THEM USING A ROCK PANEL PROTECTER. MINE HAS ALL OF THESE THING PLUS A WHOLE LOT MORE. YOUR GOING TO NEED A LOT OF UPGRADES....... l WISH YOU THE BEST WITH YOUR NEW 4 SEATER AND MANY FUN TRIP WITH IT. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED :fingersx:
May I suggest attempting to break this into paragraphs?

·
Administrator
28,031 Posts
I have a 14’ X ltd, have never had any backfires or symptoms of this. But i am wary of it happening. Anybody know of a place in Canada I can get this new starter and gear? Awesome offroad doesnt ship here. I am in Vancouver, BC.
Is it possible for you to get it shipped somewhere close to the border, and just cross over? I know you guys get killed with border fees but it's worth getting it, IMO. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts